B&B's in galway

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 08:17 AM
Diane

B&B's in galway

Hi,
I will be in galway for 3 days at the end of may. We are looking for B&B's in the city. I have found some on the internet and books but it's nice to hear from people who stayed there. I have looked at salthill but it looks to far to walk to galway. We have a rented car but do not want to drive if visting the pubs at night.
Thanks, Diane

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 05:54 PM
NaughtyNaughty

I take it you are going to partake in some alcohol consumption? How dare you give us Americans a bad name! As if there weren't enough silly Americans going over there to sin! There's alcohol here my dears!

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 09:59 PM
Cathie

Hi Diane,
You will have a wonderful time in Ireland..I did a lot of research for my daughter and a friend when they traveled there last May...Galway was one of the places that they visited...they stayed at a B&B called Bohola House (Bridgette Moran is the hostess) just outside the city....price was reasonable and the bus was right down the street which takes you into Eyre Square...if you need further info you can email me at the above address....
Hope this helps (unlike your previous responder).

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 10:49 AM
topper

ttt

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 05:39 PM
John

Check out http://www.irlguide.com/ for a list of B and B s and much more

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 07:42 AM
adrienne

B&B that always comes highly recommended is Norman Villa.

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 08:40 AM
Judy

Hi Diane and All, I agree with you about driving after going to pubs. I am also curious about B&Bs in Galway. Has anyone stayed at Ardawn B&B? I am torn between that B&B and Victoria Hotel. Both are close in, the only drawback to the hotel, is that one has to use city parking.
Thanks for any feedback, judy

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 01:11 PM
Jane

We spent two nights a few weeks ago at a lovely B&B in Salt Hill -- High Tide, on Grattan Road, overlooking Galway Bay. Mrs. Greaney is the owner. (Sorry I don't have the contact info handy. But I think she's online. And she does accept vouchers, if that's how you're paying.)

It's a 10-15 minute walk into center city Galway, but it's a lovely route -- along the water, past a nice residential neighborhood. We felt perfectly safe walking back at night, because there were always lots of people about. And I definitely wouldn't drive into the center city area -- the streets are really narrow and parking looked challenging.

If you go, ask for one of the front rooms, with a view of the bay. (I've heard some of the rooms are rather small, but ours was quite spacious.)