Search

B&B's in Cashel

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2004, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B&B's in Cashel

We will be traveling from the West Coast to Dublin and plan to spend the night in Cashel while on the way. Does anyone have any recommendations about b&b's there? I saw the Ashmore House while online. I was wondering if anyone has stayed there, it looked very nice. Any thoughts, opinions will be appreciated.
Old May 21st, 2004, 06:42 PM

We've stayed at Rockside House B&B in Cashel and were very pleased. It really is 'rockside' and you have a view from the rooms on the 'Rock' side of the house. Quite beautiful at night! I'm not familiar with Ashmore.
Old May 22nd, 2004, 02:14 AM

We stayed at the Ladyswell Guest House when in Cashel in May 2003. Loved it. As for the room with the view of the castle.

[email protected]

Dave Zemens
Rochester, Michigan
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:28 PM

We stayed at Derrynaflan in Ballinure a few weeks ago, Good sized rooms and wonderful breakfast. It is a dairy farm and they make their own cheeses. Check [email protected] or www.tipp.ie/derrynaf.htm
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 11:04 AM

Spent Saturday, May 29th, in Cashel. Stayed at the "Twenthe" B&B (phone 062-61326). We stopped in without reservations, but it was still early in the tourist season. It's within easy walking distance of the town and the Rock of Cashel and just off of N8, the Dublin/Cork Road. After driving all day, I prefer to stay within walking distance of town so I can leave the car parked at the B&B. Marian Lund is the proprietress and is very pleasant. Our room overlooked the Rock, which was very impressive at night. Room was very clean, had a TV, and Tea/Coffee service. We thought it was a great deal at 60 Euros total for the two of us.
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 01:03 PM

We just returned from Ireland and also spent the night at Rockside. It is at the base of the Rock and walking distance into town center web site
[email protected]
The rooms are on site
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 10:25 PM

Another thumbs up for Rockside. The Joys really are a joy. Such nice hosts. The B&B is quiet yet right around the corner from town, pubs and restaurants. I think I remember the Joys saying that their B&B is the nearest to the Rock of Cashel. Bedrooms were quite nice, clean and comfy. My room had a view of the Rock that they light up at night. I opened my curtains and fell asleep to the sight.
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 12:50 PM
AnnieMaki

This is probably too late to help you, Audie, but for anyone else searching on info about Ashmore House, I'd suggest another choice. The outside looks much better than the inside and while the owners were pleasant, the rooms were small and unfinished, and the sitting room was not clean. The whole place looked as if it were furnished with garage sale finds and was full of junk. If we had booked there two nights, we would have been moving after the first night. As it was, we just gritted our teeth and left as early as possible the next morning.

Old Apr 15th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

First, I am a different "Audie", so I'm not posting to myself. We also stayed at the Rockside House, and it was very nice. Nicely decorated rooms, and a menu for breakfast which is a real treat-had crepes for breakfast! We were also able to park at the house and walk to the Rock. The view of the Rock from the bedroom window was gorgeous. You'll never have a view like that in the States.
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 02:09 PM

In October of 2003 we stayed at Legends which was REALLY nice. The breakfast was gourmet and the chef/owner is award winning. The rooms were extremely comfortable andhad great views of the rock which is practically in the backyard. Here is the website: www.legendsguesthouse.com
Old Apr 18th, 2005, 12:58 PM

Another vote for Legends! We stayed there in August 2004. It was very clean & comfortable & the view of the rock from our room was wonderful! The owners were great too. He is a chef and I highly recommend dinner there. It is located right next to the Bru Boru heritage center so we attended a performance which I can recommend as well. Enjoy!
Old Apr 18th, 2005, 02:10 PM

I believe Legends has new owners now but I don't know more than that. When we were debating where to stay, Rockside came up but another poster said it can be noisy during high season since it is so close to the Rock. We have decided to stay in Kilkenny and visit the Rock and Cahir Castle on the way.
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 12:46 PM

We have stayed at Legends since the new owners took over and we loved it. The Quinlans were great hosts, the food is still wonderful. We did have a room with a "Rock" view and it was great.

More info in my trip report, click on my screen name, or on tripadvisor.com (with photos).
Old Oct 8th, 2005, 06:35 PM

If staying in Cashel stay at Rockside Bed and Breakfast. Rem and Joy the hosts are wonderful. The breakfast is great and the rooms are very confortable. It is located right next to the Rock of Cashel and near the Bru Brou (Irish dancing) show in the evening. I forgot some of my clothing at this establishment and sent them some money and they were nice enough to ship my clothes back to me in the United States! They are so friendly and run a great bed and breakfast!