Reload this Page >

B&B Via Cavour 58

Search

B&B Via Cavour 58

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:07 PM
BTD

B&B Via Cavour 58

Has anyone stayed here before?<BR>I did a text search and found a lot of other information about Via Cavour but not this hotel in particular??<BR>I've been quoted a good rate but again, need some feedback.<BR>here's the web info I have.<BR>http://www.58viacavour.it/camere.html<BR><BR>ANY AND ALL feedback is greatly appreciated!!<BR><BR>

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:16 PM
CAgal

BTD, this B&B has been subtly advertised on Fodors for weeks, in flagrant violation of the no-advertising policy here. I've asked the editors to remove their several posts but am not sure if they did. You could do a search on 58viacavour. I'd avoid the place like the plague.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:18 PM
BTD

i've done text searches and haven't found any posts referring directly to this place.<BR>thanks for the tip though.<BR><BR>are you saying you'd avoid it because of the advertisement or because you've heard/read otherwise?<BR><BR>much thanks.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:01 PM
CAgal

BTD, I have an issue with anyone in the B&B industry who would violate Fodor's policy for their own gain. Their posts have been rather annoying. It looks as if they've replied to their own "ads" in several instances, and they append their ad to others' legitimate posts about lodging in Rome. <BR><BR>I just searched &lt;58viacavour&gt; (use that spacing if you decide to do a search) and their ads are still there. There are six posts between 8 and 10 July, so maybe they've desisted lately. The Fodor's editors, in their infinite wisdom have not seen fit to remove them. Lest you think I have an axe to grind, I have never asked Fodors to remove a post prior to this. I'd copy their ads and post them here for you, but I don't want to give them any publicity.<BR><BR>There are so many nice places to stay in Rome that I don't think you need to deal with these folks.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:21 PM
BTD

hi CAgirl<BR> <BR>are there other places you can recommend for about 100Euro??? <BR><BR>Everything I'm reading that's recommended here are quite pricey for last week of September....or fully booked ... or both!<BR><BR>by the way - i assume you're from California - me too.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 06:56 AM
Marianna

Hi there,<BR>i don't know 58viacavour.it but as I live and work in Rome I am more than happy to send you some recommendations that I know of that should be within your price range.<BR>Keep in mind that many hotels and B&Bs are very small and September is a busy month, so do book asap.<BR>Try any of the following as they are in fantastic locations right in the historical centre.<BR><BR>Hotel Smeraldo<BR>Vicolo Dei Chiodaroli 9, Roma 00186<BR>Tel: 06 687 5929<BR>This is a really inexpensive 2 star hotel, very well located right by Campo di Fiori in the historical centre and it has very friendly staff. Basic, but excellent value because of its wonderful location.<BR><BR>Hotel Abruzzi<BR>Piazza della Rotonda 69, 00186<BR>Tel: 06 6792021<BR>This is a basic two star hotel in a fabulous location right by the Pantheon. Rooms are average and suggest a room towards the back because it is on a busy piazza and can be noisy.<BR><BR>Hotel Barrett<BR>Largo Torre Argentina 47, 00186<BR>Tel: 06 6868481<BR>This is a basic two star hotel in a good location right by Largo Argentina and Rome’s famous Cat Sanctuary set in the ancient ruins. Close to public transport and walking distance to many good restaurants and shops and to many sites.<BR><BR>Hotel Primavera<BR>Piazza San Pantaleo, 3<BR>Phone: (39) 06 6880 3109<BR>This is a very clean although basic 2 star hotel with good size rooms. The 2 rooms towards the front are very large and have a wonderful view although they share a bathroom in the hall. The lady that runs this establishment is very friendly and helpful. Here you are right by Piazza Navona and Campo di Fiori filled with wonderful fountains, restaurants, wine bars and buskers for entertainment.<BR><BR>If you need any other help or suggestions please feel free to email me direct at [email protected]<BR>Regards Marianna

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 11:39 AM
Addy

Here is some more info about that B&B in particular:<BR>http://www.venere.com/it/roma/al58diviacavour/<BR><BR>Go to http://www.venere.com for other B&B in Rome. There are so many charming ones in good central locations whose rates are much better than hotels. I am staying at this one in October: http://www.venere.com/it/roma/lefornaci/<BR><BR>Have a great time!