Hasd anyone seen the sight Igougo.com?

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:13 PM
richardab

Hasd anyone seen the sight Igougo.com?

Its another travel - travel journal sight. Its looks interesting. www.igougo.com

Old May 2nd, 2002, 02:31 AM
ptmy

It is an interesting site but moves much too slowly. I check it daily and find many times there are no new posts.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:09 AM
elaine

I'd posted a couple of "travelogues" there, but the travelogues have to conform to a pre-existing structure
(various categories of info) that I thought was cumbersome. That makes it difficult to change any posted information, so once most of the travelogue is posted it is sort of frozen, only rarely does someone take the trouble to update or correct it.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:39 AM
richardab

I tried to post one of my Paris restaurant reviews there and it would not accept it because I couldn't get it below 500 words. 500 words is not enough space to tell a story in a journal type forum.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:56 AM
s

Yes, I've posted a journal there. I like it because it's easy to post (I'm computer-stupid), and I don't find it that hard to conform to its structure. I have had to pare down my prose considerably, but because I've been trained in journalism, I thought it was a fun challenge!

I like having separate chapters for different aspects of a destination, and I really like being able to post photos easily.

s