B&B's close to Neuschwanstein?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for B&B's as near to Neuschwanstein as possible. Preferably even with a view of the castle. I've located several hotels but I much prefer B&B's as their much closer to a poor turnips budget.

Not interested in staying in Reutte, unless it's my only real option for inexpensive lodging close to the castles.

Thanks in advance! Cheers, the turnip
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:16 PM

I'm a turnip too.

There are quite a few inexpensive private B&B's in Fussen. Go to

www.koenigswinkel.de

and click on "Zimmer-Suche", then "Privatvermieter" on the next page. You'll find that 90% or so run less than 20 Euros per person. You can click on the names and find links to websites and photos - some are in English.

You can also go to www.fuessen.de and click on the English option (British flag) to contact the tourist office there - I'd give them a call or e-mail them (often a less effective way of getting help in Germany) and tell them what you are looking for in terms of price and location, and they can help you find something or maybe even book it for you.
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:20 PM

Oops. Try these instructions for www.koenigswinkel.de. After you hit "suche starten" then highlight "privatvermieter", you need to hit "Suche Starten" at the bottom.
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:39 PM
Original Poster

No, I really am a "turnip"! You see my surname comes from the Old German word for "turnip". My ancestors must have been growers or sellers of turnips.

Hence the moniker. Excellent suggestions Russ, thanks. Looking in vain for Munich area B&B's as well.

Cheers.
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 03:05 PM

A very pleasant B&B--Romantic Pension Neuschwanstein in Hohenschwangau. Right under Neuschwanstein. When we toured the castle, we were able to see the pension through some of the castle windows.

Nice room, private bath, free parking, breakfast included. Walking distance to the ticket center. Friendly hostess.

Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 03:08 PM

Oops, forgot to give the web link. We paid 64 euro for a double room in June of 2002.

http://www.albrecht-neuschwanstein.de/index2.html

A nice restaurant within a 5 minute drive: http://www.alpenhotel-allgaeu.de/engl/e-index.htm