B & B in Meersburg or Lake Constance

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for a clean quiet B & B in Meersburg or any other recommended place on Lake Constance with private shower and toilet under 100 Euro. We like towns with colorful old archetecture and walking streets usually in or very close to the old town center.

thanks
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 08:39 AM

I haven't stayed there in awhile (out of my budget nowadays) but I have stayed there twice before - however it is within your price range and it is an excellent splurge for anyone I would think. Wonderful service - excellent rooms - and if you can get one of the corner rooms with the oriel windows overlooking the upper town square - even better... (The Gasthof zum Bären) Ben

http://www.bensbauernhof.com/gasthof...ersburgbb.html

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34838539
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 11:51 AM

We loved Meersburg. We stayed in the Gasthof zum Bären and thought it was great. Our room was on a corner and so had an oriel window. At the time, a couple of years ago, it was quite reasonable.
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 11:54 AM

By the way, I much prefer Meersburg to Konstanz. I stayed in Konstanz about 6 or 7 years ago and felt it was depressing. Lindau seemed very busy, but Meersburg is very walkable and is quite charming. Zum Bären was under 100 euro a couple of years ago, but I don't know what it is now.
Old Oct 6th, 2007, 03:23 PM

Don't know if you have made a decision or not, but we just returned from our trip to Germany & Austria and we stayed in Meersburg at the Gasthof zum Bären. It's a wonderful place with a fantastic restaurant. Everyone from the owner, Michael Gilowsky, to the restaurant staff were warm and friendly. Our room (No. 10) was comfortably furnished, nicely decorated and overlooked the street below. We paid 98E plus a few Euro a day for parking. Meersburg is well worth a visit. We also took the boat out to Mainau, the island with a castle and amazing gardens.