B&B in Bayeux or surrounding are?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a recommendation of a Bed and Breakfast in Bayeux area of Normandy? It doesn't necessarily need to be right in town - we'll have a car, so out in the country would be just fine as well.

Merci!

Old Jan 13th, 2008, 08:33 AM

I stayed last spring within Bayeux, in the d'Argouges, a simple hotel, but not a B&B.
We used a private guide for the Normandy beaches, and our guide also runs a gite; I haven't seen it but you could search for info and reviews
www.gitelacroix.com

Old Jan 13th, 2008, 09:08 AM

nb, we have stayed in the hotel d'argouges and it was fine but for even less cost is the b&b we stayed at this past Sept. which was across the square from the Argouges.

It's called Manoir Guerin de la Houssaye, email is [email protected]. phone is 33-2-31-22-35-68 We were in the room called Le Ecuyer (something like that) which was a double just off the courtyard so we had to walk outside to get to the breakfast room.Loved the room and our hosts were wonderful. Our room was 60e per night for two.

There is a large free public parking lot right across the street from the b&b. We liked our second visit to Bayeux even better than the first and the B&B was part of the reason.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have. Deborah
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 09:42 AM

this is a little bit away - but we loved Honfleur and stayed at Cour Ste. Catherine.

www.giaglis.com

Honfleur was very fun little town as a base of operations, but may be further away than you want depending on your plans, days visiting, etc.
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 09:50 AM

We used Chateau de lignerolles at http://lignerolles.homestead.com/lignerollesEN.html . We highly recommend them, the bed and breakfast was wonderful and in addition Roel gives D-Day tours. My dad and husband can not recommend him enough, the highlight of their trip. We found him through Rick Steves. You can veiw some photos of the Chateau here at www.happytotravel.shutterfly.com ,
click on the normandy.
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 11:10 AM
blh

We stayed at L'Atre Fleuri in Balleroy in May of 2007. It was a lovely B&B about 10 miles from Bayeux. The rooms are nicely done with beautiful linens. The breakfast is really wonderful. We took the D-D tour with Raul from the above post. There is a chateau in Balleroy very close to the B & B which you can tour. It is owned by the Forbes family and also has a hot air balloon museum which you can tour.

Here is the website for the B&B:
http://www.nighty-night.net/
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 08:18 AM

We're staying at Le Mas Normand soon. It receives wonderful reviews on trip advisor.

Le Mas Normand Charming B§B - A touch of Provence in Normandy...! http://www.lemasnormand.com
Tel /Fax : 00 33 (0) 231 21 97 75
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 09:19 AM

I also stayed at L'Atre Fleuri in May 2007, with my wife and in-laws. We can second the recommendation from blh. It was delightful in every way. The Stephensons are excellent hosts!
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for your help. We've reserved L'Atre Fleuri. Looks like a wonderful place.

Elaine - I looked at gitelacroix, but it looked mostly like a gite, not for just a few nights.

I tried to book at Lignerolles but they were full for our dates.

I couldn't really find a good website for Manoir Guerin de la Houssaye with pictures or much description.

And we thought maybe Honfleur was a bit too far away, although definitely worth a visit.

Thank you again for all your help!
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 01:00 PM

bookmarking
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:05 AM

Elaine--
We were interested in staying at the d'Argouges but didn't know how to book reservations. How did you book a room with them?

Thanks,
Amy