Search

Augsburg Train Station

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Augsburg Train Station

Hello,
I just booked our train tix from Munich to Rothenburg and noticed that the train connections (all 3 of them) are only 5 mins apart. From reading other posts, I understand that this is typical for smaller stations (eg. steinach). However, what worries me a little is that our first connection is in Augsburg and we need to transfer from track 5 to track 3 North. I can't seem to find any info. on the Augsburg train stn on the internet and would like to ask if anyone knows how big it is, if it is easy to navigate and how far the 'north' tracks are from the other tracks! Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 07:54 PM

It has been several years since I used the Augsburg station. It is definitely larger than the station in Steinach, that is for certain. It was easy to navigate and certainly not as large as stations such as Munich Main which is HUGE compared to Augsburg.

As I recall it was "typical" in that there was the usual underground passageway between platforms.

I have just looked at the Bahn website and cannot find where there might be a plan for various stations but I think there is one.

Hopefully, topping this will help and someone who knows more spcific information will respond.
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 08:12 PM

My recollection (I was there in June) is that the Augsburg station isn't very big. As the previous poster said, there is the usual underground passageway between platforms. The only problem you might have is if the train to Augsburg is late. I had a late train on the way to Ausburg and had to wait at some Godforsaken train station (I think it was Crailsheim) for 45 minutes until the next train came along.
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 01:24 AM

As far as I remember Augsburg HBf has 4 or 5 platforms. Obviously to get from track 5 to track 3 you have to go down to the passage and up to the next platform. Track 3 north is not a special track, it is simply the north half of track 3 - sometimes the stations save space by having two local train services (short trainsets) depart from the same platforms in the opposite directions. Check the destination screen or shield on the train before entering.
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 07:52 AM

I think the website listed below will give you some information that you are interested in. It doesn't appear to have elevators that some stations have.

http://www.stationsdatenbank.bayern-...mp;efz=8000013