Athens Airport Location of Gates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2006, 10:59 AM
te
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Athens Airport Location of Gates

Hello, Everyone!

We are trying to put the last finishes on our Greek and Turkey trip. We are supposed to have an hour and a half between the time we arrive at Athens from Santorini on Aegean Airlines and when we leave on Alitalia? We are unable to get a good enough airport map. Thanks to anyone who can help.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 11:02 AM
te
Original Poster

I should have included the question: Is that enough time? So sorry!
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 11:52 AM

Go to Athens Airport site on www.aai.gr. This will provide a walkway tour giving you average times to walk from one destination to another. It has loads of information on it and with the zoom in/out facility you should get all the detail you need. Hope this helps.
Kriti
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 11:53 AM

SORRY!! aia is the abbreviation for Athens International Airport - so sorry for confusion and jumbling up of letters!
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 03:45 AM
te
Original Poster

Thanks for the website. Although it shows the Alitalia lounge and Aegean Air lounge, what I'm looking for exactly is the location of the checkin and gates of the two airlines. I don't seem to be able to locate that information from the website. Am I missing something
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:15 PM

hi te

Not sure if this will be helpful but when you arrive at Athens airport, off an Aegean flight, and walk out of the gate into the terminal itself you need then to find the nearest 'up' escaltors. There are a few at each of the five 'out' gates.

Those escaltors take you straight up to the departures terminal.

Right at the top of those moving stairs are display monitors showing the departure gate numbers and you will esily find Altalia's. In fact, there are departure monitors in Arrivals also, and you will see them as you come through from your Aegean flight.

When you get up to the departures level you will then see a VERY long line of check-in gates stretching the length of the terminal. If I recall correctly the Olympic check-ins run mostly from the extreme right. Other airline desks begin almost close to the middle straight to the extreme left.

Unfortunatly, I do not know the exact location on that long line but you should find and reach it quickly. The great thing about AIA is that arrivals and departures are in the same building but on different levels.