Arranging Guided Tours/Shore Excursions

Jun 8th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Lynn

Arranging Guided Tours/Shore Excursions

My husband, our 2 teen-aged daughters and I are sailing this summer on the Golden Princess. We are considering arranging some private guided tours rather than the shore excursions through Princess. Does anyone recommend doing this or are we better off sticking with the Princess shore excursions? We've been checking out tour companies in Rome and we've had what seems to be a very reasonable quote from Bob's Limos & Tours. Has anyone had any experience with this company? Some of the other ports we will be visiting are Naples, Livorno, Valletta, Venice, Athens, Monaco and Barcelona. Can anyone recommend any tour companies in any of these ports? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 9th, 2002, 05:05 AM
Steve James

Hello Lyn,

Here are a couple for the Naples area who generally get good reviews hereBR>
www.seesorrento.com (M. Maresca)
www.tourofitaly.com (G. Gargiulo)

From Livorno it's really very easy to use the train if you're vising Florence, Pisa or Lucca.

Hope this helps ...

Steve

Jun 9th, 2002, 05:35 AM
Daniele

Good day Lynn.
I live in Rome and operate a limousine service through out Italy.Please visit our website www.driverinrome.com for tours in Rome Livorno and Naples.
Regards
Daniele Melaragno

Jun 9th, 2002, 07:25 AM
fatih

Hi lynn,
You should also sail to turkey. There are very many lovely bays that you will fall in love. And also if you like history; there are many historical sides which yu can visit
best regards
fatih

Jun 9th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Paul Bennett

Dear Lynn,

My wife and I lead a series of walking tours in Rome and excursions to the gardens around the city and in the Lazio region. We'd be happy to help you arrange something either with us or with a cultural association here in the city, with which we're affiliated. We also run daysails and sunset cruises on our 38-foot sailboat in Ostia, though I assume you'll be sick of sailing by the time you get here. You can find out more at our website: http://www.contextrome.com
Cheers,
Paul Bennett