Search

Areas in Rome?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Areas in Rome?

Hello,

My girlfriend and I are going to Rome in March(20-24), the first for both of us. We will be arriving by train and leaving for home by plane. My question is: Does anyone know the city well? Or is there a website that will describe it like the sections of Paris? Price is not really an option, of course I am not looking for a top end 5 star, but we just want to be well located for touring the city. A kind of area with good restaurants, bars....kind of like St Germain in Paris. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't know where to start looking. Thank you!
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 09:29 AM

Buy the DK Eyewitness Guide to Rome. It does a pretty good job of describing the city by section/area.

If I were you, I'd look for a hotel in the Piazza Navonna area.
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 09:40 AM

Try checking www.venere.com. It allows you to view the various sections of Rome and hotels available in each. Although it doesn't list attractions, it does show some of the major attractions like Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, etc. I would recommend staying in the Piazza Navona, Campo dei Fiori area or around the Pantheon. Both areas are very central with good food choices. Have a great trip.
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 10:32 AM

I'm putting together an interactive site that kind of mimics our trip over Christmas. It's easier than writing the trip report (I'm a lazy writer, but I love playing with my net and video toys).

It'll have suggested itineraries and ways to save lots of time and money. And yes, it's free. I should have it finished in a couple of weeks, so that'll be well before you leave. I'll post when it is done or getting close.

dave
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 11:21 AM

Here's a description of the neighborhoods:

http://www.eurocheapo.com/rome/hoods.html

I also want to agree that you'll probably want the Campo Dei Fiori, Pantheon or Piazza Navona area.
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Original Poster

thanks Dave, keep me in the loop
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 02:24 PM

how is the a hotel location near the spanish steps? curious.....
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 02:42 PM

I agree with those above. My wife and I are also going in late March (I've been before) and the only areas I seriously looked at were the Piazza Navonna/Pantheon area. Using venere.com makes it pretty easy. You can also find discount codes for 4% off on venere.com if you search some other posts.