Arcos de la Frontera Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2005, 11:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't seem to find a recommendation for a good hotel in town. Looking for something for just 1 night, between 85 & 130 euros range. It seems everyone stays in Rhonda - is there a reason for that? I'd appreciate any and all advice.
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 02:47 AM

The Parador is good & has a tremendous view.
Paradors are state run hotels, usually in historic builings.
Site is parador.es
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply zippo. I had looked for Paradors in both places - and have just done so again - and cannot find any Parador listed for either town in the drop down list. I do know about them and will be staying in others around Spain. Any more advice or am I just losing it?!?!
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 10:26 PM

We are staying at Hotel El Convento in Arcos in the end of June. The rate is 61 euros for one night, but it certainly looks quite nice but maybe not luxurious enough for your tastes. It has been recommended in a few books.
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 01:24 AM

The parador at Arcos is on the drop-down list on the parador site's main page.Check it again.
However the link -which is to the Spanish version of the Arcos page- is dead.
Instead click on "ENGLISH" -top right of the main page- then use the drop down list on the english version page to get the Arcos page.
I have stayed at this place - normal parador,ie beautiful building but run by civil servants.
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 01:27 AM

Or paste this:
http://www.parador.es/english/paradores/ficha.jsp
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 05:07 AM

It's a good 90 minute drive (if not more) from Ronda to Arcos. I can endorse the Arcos Parador - make sure you get a room overlooking the plain rather than the square. Arcos itself is worth a day in it's own right and is convenient for visiting the coast.

The great excitement in Arcos with a car is getting to the car park at the top of the town (where the Parador is). Driving through the flying buttress from the church takes some nerve first time! Take a small car.
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 05:12 AM

reminder to all travelling to andalucia.
in many places, huevos revueltos, scrambled eggs, is made with GARLIC.
(found this out at hotel (around the corner from the parador) where we stayed.

soooo.. ask for them "SIN ajo"...unless you're into that at 8 a.m. with coffee!
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 05:37 AM

We stayed in the parador in Arcos several years ago and will second the need to take a small car if you are to get there. Some of the narrowest streets I've ever seen. The food was very good but I wasn't wild about Arcos. Maybe it was because it was at the end of our trip, we had spent 2 days walking up and down hills in Granada and our legs had had enough of steep hills. The parador is on the top of the hill and to see much of the town is up and down walk. Probably the same for all the hill towns, though.
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 02:58 PM

Your best choices in Arcos is the Parador de Arcos, Hotel Los Olivos and the Hotel Peña de Arcos, all are three-star with A/C and all are well within your budget.
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 04:22 PM

blowfish - I tried to go to Arcos de la Frontera in Sept from Ronda. I think I hit the high season. I tried several days and I could not find any room in any price. I finally gave up!!!
You asked about Ronda? Based on all I have heard and read Ronda might be a better choice than Arcos if you have to choose between the two. But I cannot speak for that since I only saw Ronda. Ronda is beautiful.