apts in lauterbrunnen

Search

apts in lauterbrunnen

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
apts in lauterbrunnen

has anyone stayed in apartments in lauterbrunnen? any recommendations? we are looking for a an apt for 3 adults and 1 child. range is upto 160 $ a night.

thanks.
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 08:26 PM

Hi--we haven't stayed in Lauterbrunnen, but I used the accommodations search on www.myjungfrau.ch for the first week of May, and came up with four apartments in the 3-star category:

http://www.myjungfrau.ch/en/page.cfm..._lauterbrunnen

(Choose start date of 2 May, a Saturday, and fills in 3 adults and one child to get the same results).

The one named "Bärli" looks good, with a balcony with view to Staubbach falls, and a swingset for children in the garden. 735 CHF for a week, including bed-linens and final cleaning (make sure that any apartment you pick includes these).

You could also try searching in higher categories, since these are under your budget. You do need to stay a full week (or at least pay for the full week, even if you depart a day early).
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 08:37 PM

Also, Hotel Oberland has an apartment that looks very nice, and is available for a 5-night booking:

http://www.hoteloberland.ch/main.php...se&lang=en

It is a bit over your budget at today's exchange rates (195 CHF = $175), but that could change---either way.
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 02:33 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Fellow Fodorite bob_brown speaks highly of Chalet Horner, which incidentially, we're considering for a stay in April.

Thanks for posting those links enzian.
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 04:49 AM

Thanks to the postings of "fellow Fodorite bob_brown", my family of three adults and one child stayed in an apartment at Mrs. Staeger's Chalet Horner in 2007. We stayed three nights and were perfectly comfortable.

The apartments each have a small deck out the back, and the view from there reminds us of what the word "awesome" really means.

Mrs. Staeger is a charming and helpful host. She even sent us a Christmas card this year....

Lauterbrunnen itself was a nice little town and agreat jumping-off location for daytrips.

I've always meant to thank bob-brown for his postings, which among other things, led us to Chalet Horner.

I found the rental listing on holiday-rentals.co.uk.

Good luck with your plans!
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 08:44 AM

Chalet Horner! That is the other one I was trying to find. Thanks for remembering that one, Melnq8 and Phyllis.
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 09:32 AM

Hi borivlikar1,
The website for the Horner Chalet is http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/Swi...unnen/p979.htm . We are booked for 6 nights this September. Theresa was very prompt about responding to our questions. Their site has an availability calendar so you can see which is available for your dates. Very reasonable prices too I think. Good Luck!
Michele
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 10:09 AM

I came across this the other day and bookmarked it. Haven't stayed here and have no particular recommendation, but it looks good.
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p95287
Old Jan 9th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Original Poster

Hi All,

all those apts that have been suggested here....are they walkable distance from the train station? also how far by train from lauterbrunnen to interlaken ost...or interlaken west? is it about 25 mins?.....are the train connections pretty good.

Thanks,
borivlikar.
Old Jan 9th, 2009, 07:54 AM

You can certainly walk from Chalet Horner to the train station ... and to anywhere else in Lauterbrunnen, for that matter. We parked our car the afternoon we arrived and didn't touch it again until we left for France.

Train connections are indeed very good to and from Lauterbrunnen; it's a very useful home base.

I'm sorry I don't know the train travel times to Interlaken, since we had a car for our arrival to and departure from Lauterbrunnen.
Someone will chime in on this, I'm sure.

Good luck with your plans.
Old Jan 9th, 2009, 08:13 AM

The train from Lauterbrunnen to Interlaken Ost takes 21 minutes. They run every half hour.

You should learn to use the online schedule---it is really very easy, and it will show the cablecars, boats, and everything. Put in your starting point and destination, and put the date in European format (day, month, year).

They won't have schedules up for summer yet, but you can practice using it now.

http://www.sbb.ch/en/index.htm

I print out the schedule for each of our planned trips (along with ppossible alternates) right before we leave, and take them along. They also have schedules posted at each train station, but I like to know in advance.
Old Jan 9th, 2009, 03:03 PM

We stayed here:
Chalet Ey, Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland
Contact Marc Berton, [email protected]
and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Old Jan 10th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Original Poster

i tried looking up the website of chalet ey. everything is written in the local language. same case with myjungfrau.ch....i went there tried to change the language to english in the right hand side corner....yet the forms seem to be in the local languages only.

everyone else seems to be having much ease with those pages...am i doing something wrong here???

Pls advise.

Old Jan 10th, 2009, 07:35 PM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Here there are in English:

http://www.j2ski.com/ski_chalets/Swi...Haus_206A.html

http://www.mylauterbrunnen.com/en.cfm/unterkunft/
Old Jan 10th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Original Poster

melnq8,

that was fantastic. i am now very close to booking my apt for the whole week.