Apt in Venice for 1wk in Oct

Apr 6th, 2007, 02:21 AM
WG
Original Poster

Apt in Venice for 1wk in Oct

We are interested in renting a 2 bedroom apt in Venice Italy for 1 week in early Oct - looking to be in great area, central, convenient, but not too noisy, nice accomodations, etc.. any thoughts? Previously spent week in Dorsoduro area, in campo San Barnaba (?) area, but that apt is too large (traveled with kids then) Will consider all price ranges -Grazie.
Apr 6th, 2007, 06:42 AM

Hi WG-I always rent apartments in Venice, and I do so frequently, but I also have friends in Venice who can let me stay in their apt. for free, from time to time, so I'm lucky in that regard.

At any rate, I can suggest some rental companies, but I would also suggest contacting individual owners on vrbo.com, I've used vrbo.com from time to time and have had excellent results. Also, Denise from venicerentals.com - an American who is married to a Venetian has an excellent selection, and she will help you do more than just get an apartment.

However, an American woman I know who lives in Venice recommended this other company to me while I was in Venice a couple of weeks ago, a company I had not seen before, which looks excellent, gives all the costs up-front (no extra cleaning costs, that drives me crazy on some of these Venice rental companies) and a really lovely selection of apartments. It's called LuxRest Venice apartments:

luxrest-venice.com/en/catalogo_appartamenti.php

Since you've already stayed in Dorsoduro, I would highly recommend an apartment in Cannaregio, which is where I rent-it's a fascinating place, the authentic heart of Venice, and all your shops and great restaurants are very near by, not to mention vaporetto stops as well. If you have any questions about renting in a particular area, then just post back, as I ought to be able to help you.
Apr 6th, 2007, 07:21 AM

I second Venice Rentals. I've used them twice and was very happy both times.

www.venicerentals.com
Apr 10th, 2007, 09:28 AM
WG
Original Poster

many thanks for above responses - will check out luxrentals. discovered venicerentals and found apt on grand canal in san polo area - near church of maria de frari - looks promising, but will first ask about all costs! any recommendations regarding restaurants and non touristy shopping would be appreciated as well. Hadnt considered cannareggio to stay, but will explore that too. grazie
Apr 10th, 2007, 09:37 AM

We enjoyed our one-week stay here, in the penthouse duplex with breakfast brought up (550&euro, last summer ...

www.locandadelleacque.it
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:13 AM

WG, you might want to check out the vacation rental reviews on slowtalk, they have lots of Venice reviews there (including from the above agencies.)

Check it out:
http://www.slowtrav.com/italy/vr/list.asp?r=Venice

It would be really cool to stay on the Grand Canal! Have fun planning.
Apr 11th, 2007, 02:15 AM
WG
Original Poster

thank you for your responses and GREAT web links - have perused them all, and they will be very helpful!