April in Paris - Looking for Info

Sep 16th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

April in Paris - Looking for Info

My wife and I have been to Paris a number of times but this next trip will be special. Our 13 year old granddaughter will be joining us. When youíre born to shop and enter your teens, what better place than Paris?

We have always stayed at hotels but for this trip Iím exploring apartments so that we can have the amenities of home Ė 2 bedrooms, 2 baths and so on. Iíve been looking online and there are a number of rental firms offering what appear to be very nice apartments. The web sites all do a great job of portraying the properties and customer accolades are all very positive but Iím hesitant to select an apartment based on marketing literature. Very few indicate the date of the representative pictures.

As such, I would very much appreciate some help.

Which rental firms are best? Which should be avoided?

Is apartment living as great as it sounds?

Any particular apartment that was most enjoyable? Least enjoyable?

We are planning to visit for a week starting the last weekend in April 2008.

Thanks for any and all help.

JJ
Sep 16th, 2007, 08:24 AM

I would suggest you use the board on the slow travel site. I find it very helpful for apts. B
Sep 16th, 2007, 08:33 AM

slowtrav is a good idea. There was a recent post on this very topic where some people posted Paris apt. websites they've used and recommended. Perhaps someone who posted on that thread can find it for you, as I don't think the search box will work, as it was recent.

Having said that, there is definitely a searchable post discussing pros and cons of apartments, specifically Paris. You should probably read that. My response to the simple question -- is apt. living really as great as it sounds -- is that is naive, and no, it isn't. It can be if you find a great place and spend a lot of money, but there are definitely drawbacks, and many people who encounter apts. with flaws, noise, and serious differences from what they expected. If you've been there several times, at least you should know the location to choose for that reason, as some people are disappointed on that score.

Sounds like a good idea with a child. I'm surprised you found so many great apts with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, as that is pretty rare for vacation rental apts in Paris. YOu had really better get cracking on this, as that sounds like an Easter vacation or spring vacation period, and the best apts in Paris are booked perhaps 9-12 months ahead -- especially rare ones like that.
Sep 16th, 2007, 09:40 AM

I will be in PAris with my granddaughter in April..she is an adult, though.

I like using the www.paris-perfect.com site. They are nice people, nice places, in great locations.

I will be in one of their places next month and another in April.

Enjoy.....
Sep 17th, 2007, 04:16 PM
ptm

Hi! I highly recommend Paris Perfect apartments. Great for living with teenagers...we have two teenage daughters,that love to shop.We took our daughters to Paris this past July and stayed in a ParisPerfect apartment. In my opinion this is the only way to travel with young adults. They need their space and bathroom. An apartment would certainly give you the space for all those shopping bags. The Paris Perfect company have great places which are clean, comfortable,and well located. We plan on returning to Paris and hope to stay in one of their apartments. Hope this helps and good luck...Ptm