Reload this Page >

Apostoli Palace Hotel - Venice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 02:29 AM
Joanne

Has anyone stayed at the Apostoli Palace in Venice ? I am planning to go at the end of October - any thoughts about this hotel ? Thanks, Joanne

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 06:07 AM
t

topping for Joanne

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 07:29 AM
Wayne

I assume you are talking about the hotel called "Locanda ai Santi Apostoli" on Strada Nuova in Cannaregio section of Venice. It's in a good location relative to the Rialto Bridge, being only about a 5 minute walk north of the bridge. (That makes it about a 10-15 minute walk to St. Mark's.) It's small, with only about 10 rooms, but it has A/C and an elevator. It's in a quiet area, too. It is a pretty nice hotel, but I consider it to be a bit overpriced, even for Venice. If you are committed to go there, don't give it a second thought. I'm sure you will enjoy the hotel.

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 03:41 AM
Joanne

Wayne, thanks for the reply. It's actually Apostoli Palace Hotel located in Cannaregio, Calle di Padiglione - Rio Tera Barba Frutariol. The hotel does have a website, but some more personal impressions about it would be helpful.

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 05:36 AM
Wayne

Joanne---sounds as if that's a different hotel from the one I talked about. Sorry, but I don't know anything about it. I have found it on a map of Venice, though. It is about 4 or 5 Venice "blocks" farther north from the hotel I mentioned. That makes it about a 10 minute walk north of the Rialto Bridge. And the exact street name seems to be Calle del Padiglion, though I can see why the spelling could also be as you showed. Good Luck.