Apartments in Paris

Mar 24th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Original Poster

Apartments in Paris

Hello! I'm having a hard time booking an apt. in Paris. I have so many different options. The most important thing to me is a central location. I know many people have rented in Paris, and possibly stayed in some of the ones I'm looking at.

So far I wanted to see what you thought of these from www.parisattitude.com

You will find a detailed description with the pictures of the apartment, either in the attachment or on this link : http://www.parisattitude.com/apartme...umProduit=3609

You will find a detailed description with the pictures of the apartment, either in the attachment or on this link : http://www.parisattitude.com/apartme...umProduit=1615

You will find a detailed description with the pictures of the apartment, either in the attachment or on this link : http://www.parisattitude.com/apartme...umProduit=3612

You will find a detailed description with the pictures of the apartment, either in the attachment or on this link : http://www.parisattitude.com/apartme...umProduit=1989
Mar 25th, 2009, 05:38 AM

well, I think all of the locations are central and pretty good, so other things are just kind of my personal opinions and tastes about the apartments. They are also about the same price, which is pretty pricey to me (over 200 euro a day), as I never spend that much on a hotel, but it isn't clear how many people you want to stay in the apt, which would affect my comments. For example, the second one is the only one with 2 BR, so how many people are you trying to sleep?

Personally, I think 1 and 3 are ugly, but that's not my style (and the artwork in the first I could not live with), and they have cheap and what appears to be uncomfortable furniture. The third in particular has some folding cheap table in the DR like I use in my basement or for picnics, and some stool for a coffee table. The owners clearly don't care and are trying to barely get by without spending anything for furniture.

I like the last one in looks, but I really would not want to be within a block of the Musee d'Orsay nor on the ground floor. I won't rent ground floor apts, but that one says the bedroom looks onto the street. Can you imagine a bedroom with windows right onto the street at ground level? I can't, at least I wouldn't want to stay in one.

I like the second one best probably, although that second bedroom isn't much and only has a futon. So if you just picked it as it is the same price and no one has to sleep in there, I think it would be good. I'm a little confused on its location, as I wouldn't want to be right near Les Halles. The description claims St Eustache is directly in front of the apt., yet the map pinpoints it at rue du Pont Neuf near rue de Rivoli -- and St Eustache is at least 3 or more blocks from there. Also, rue du Pont Neuf doesn't go all the way to St Eustache, so what to believe. I'd ask them what they are talking about regarding location as that doesn't make sense. Maybe they are being vague by claiming St Eustache is in front of the apt and to them that means 3-4 blocks away. I would actually prefer that it be where it says on the map, not in front of St Eustache.

But they are all central, so you can't go wrong on that score.
Mar 25th, 2009, 06:36 AM

You will probably receive tons of replies to this because everyone thinks the apartment they have stayed in is the best. I am going to get my oar in before the mobs do. My wife and I used VRBO#79965 last September and were totally satisfied. It had everything one would want. The owner stayed upstairs and was very helpful. The apt. is 30 metres from a bake shop, 80m. from a very nice small supermarket and 75m. from a Metro station. It was in the Marais district, one of the nicest in Paris. What more could you want. Google it and read the comments by previous occupants, including me, and you will find them all glowing. Go for it if it is available. You will not regret it
Mar 26th, 2009, 06:42 AM

It looks like I was wrong about the number of replies you would receive. However, I am not wrong about the convenience of the apartment I recommended. If you take my advice, you will not regret it.
Mar 26th, 2009, 06:55 AM

Folks are probably just taking a rest from the apartment question as it's come up regularly over the last 3 months. Burn out. Smiles. Happy Travels!

Search this Thread