Apartment in Paris

Old Jun 18th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apartment in Paris

Two couples looking at an apartment on Rue Chapon for late September. Has anyone stayed in this area of Marais and did it seem OK - relatively quiet/safe/cafes/stores/etc.?
Thank you!
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 07:22 AM

Have stayed on Rue Chapon, it was an OK location several blocks behind Pompidou Center, lots of handbag/wholesale shops around. Is this one of the apartments thru Vacations in Paris, just curious? while Rue Chapon is not a busy street it is used as a 'cut-thru' street and had quite a bit of noise late at night, only brought that up as in September you will probably need to have your windows open for air and more than likely they open onto rue Chapon. You are near several Metro stops so overall it is a good enough location in order to get around Paris just not particularly scenic.
Susan
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 07:26 AM

Me again, if you go to google maps and put in Rue Chapon, Paris you can get a actually 'walk the street' and probably even find your exact apartment address. If you need any help just let me know.
Susan
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Original Poster

The apartment has a/c and we picked it because it was one of the few apartments with 2 WC and 2 showers and in our price range. It is handled by Paris for Rent - HQ in California but the employees seem to go to Paris quite often to check on their properties. And, they have been very prompt in answering all of our questions. Did check the location on Google maps.
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 11:51 AM

Sounds good, especially the AC, I'd go for it. I personally didn't love the area but if it worked best for me, the apartment, I'd say there's no reason not to stay. Have a great trip.
Susan