apartment in Campo De'Fiori

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are thinking about an apartment at piazza campo de Fiori 42. Does anyone have an opinion on it? It looks great for two couples.

http://www.vrbo.com/215521

Has anyone used VRBO?

Thanks for any help
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:26 AM

I have not stayed there but the location is great and the pictures look good. I would book based on the price and pictures.
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:39 AM

In October we rented an apt. for a week in Piazza Farnese, next-door to Piazza Farnese and loved every minute of it. Campo de'Fiori and Farnese are in the midst of the centro storico {historical center)of Rome, which is buzzing with activity, especially when the sun goes down. Walking distance of Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, Via del Governo Vecchio [women's fashions]. Our website has 2 shows filmed in Campo de'Fiori
We have rented apts all over Italy and have never been disappointed
That said, I do believe you need to decide if walking up and down the stairs is acceptable. The description reads "There is no lift, but floors are not very high and at the third and a half floor you are in the house." As I read it, you must walk uo 3 1/2 floors to get to the 2-floor apt. Too many stairs for me.
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 10:07 AM

That would be too many stairs for me as well, but maybe that's not a concern for you. It certainly looks nice. VRBO is not like an agency, they are just a listing service. You are dealing with the apartment owner.

The location is great. With it being right on the Campo, I would wonder about noise, both in the early morning when the market is setting up and in the evening, when there are usually lots of people around.
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 10:16 AM

I would also be concerned about the noise in an apartment right on the Campo de' Fiori. It is a good central location for sightseeing
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the help. I'm not worried about the stairs, but not sure how I feel about noise. Part of me really wants to be in the action as we are only there four nights. We'll be on a cruise after that so can have quiet nights if we choose at that point.