Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone used FeelParis for apartment rental?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I have decided to go to Paris in late March. I know it's kind of late to find good accommodations over the Easter holiday, but that's the time that works for us.

I have done many searches, and checked many of the Fodor board recommended apartment rental agencies, but haven't found what we're looking for (that's available) in any of those. But I have found 2 apartments that fit our needs at FeelParis. I am somewhat reluctant to rent from them without finding any kind of feedback about them.

I have looked at a number of other travel boards as well, and haven't found any feedback.

Has anyone used them, and if so, what is the feedback?

Thanks for any info.
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 06:23 AM

Hey,

For people planning on going to Paris (or visiting for awhile), I know housing can be a nightmare. I don't know about FeelParis, but when I had been trying to find a nice apartment for my semester abroad here, I had talked to numerous friends and researched online like you did to make sure I'd find a good company to go through. Everyone recommended Parisianhome to me. I checked it out and had a great experience finding an apartment for the semester. It sets people up with pre-furnished apartments in the city, working with your budget and location preference. They take care of everything you'd need (housing-wise) during your time here and make the transition very easy. Their website is: http://www.parisianhome.com.company

Best of luck.
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 07:56 AM

Tripadvisor.com has one comment re FeelParis and it's negative.

If it helps, I tried to rent through Paris Attitude last spring and they were wonderful to deal with. Only reason I rented elsewhere was availability. I'm a budget traveller but they had some really nice, affordable places.
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 08:33 AM

I've never heard of them, which may not mean anything, but they appear to be a Spanish company located in Barcelona. That may be fine, but I personally would be leery of renting a Parisian apt. from a company in Barcelona as that is where there customer service people are located (they say so).

That is Easter week, I really think you've waited too long to book an apt. for that period.
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of your replies. I checked the sites you indicated, plus went back to some I'd looked at before. I finally found one through VRBO & Welcome2France that fits our needs and is available for our Easter time period. I found good comments about Welcome2France, and they have been very responsive, so we feel good about our choice.

Once we're back from our trip, I'll post our feedback.

Thanks again.