Anyone having problems scrolling?

Jan 12th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Anyone having problems scrolling?

OK, this is a new one for me. Recently, but more and more often when I'm scrolling through the list of posts on the right, all of a sudden it will jump to the bottom. And I am unable to scroll back up. Clicking on the little tab to scroll reveals a circle with a line through it, and it blocks the ability to scroll the messages. All I can to is click on Europe and go to the top again. Is this just some new problem I'm having? Anyone else?
Jan 12th, 2004, 07:40 AM

I have been having the same problem for about 2 months.
Jan 12th, 2004, 07:43 AM
Oh_so_bucko

It happens to me a lot, only I can grab the tab and pull back up the list; but, when I let go, it returns to bottom. It only happens on this web site, so must be a problem with Fodors.

Jan 12th, 2004, 07:48 AM

Me too. Only on this site.
Jan 12th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much, I was convinced it was something I had done on my settings as I never used to have this problem. Yes, Oh_so_bucko, that's exactly what happens to me.

Meanwhile I've found that sometimes when that happens, if I move the cursor off to the side and click it once, sometimes that seems to release the "locking" and I can scroll up again.
Jan 12th, 2004, 08:04 AM
rex

I sometimes hae "over-scroll" lately, but I thought it was because of a new laptop and XP (which is new to me). Can't recall if I think it hapens on other websites or not. Nor am i sure if it is what you are describing or not.

There is, of course, a lot of computer voodoo out there in the cyber-ether!

Best wishes,

Rex
Jan 13th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Since posting this, the scroll lock problem has happened about six or seven times. In each case, I've simply moved the cursor off to the side clicked once, and then the scroll feature would work again. I have no idea why it locks and why this unlocks it -- just some more computer magic I guess.
Jan 13th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Oh_so_bucko

Thanks, Patrick, it works great.

Jan 13th, 2004, 02:37 PM

That is very odd because I have never had that happen. I don't mean to alarm you, but sometimes when things don't work correctly and start acting goofy, it can be because your hard drive is overloaded or even some fragments are damaged and your system could be getting ready to crash. It has happened to me. Have you run any diagnostic programs lately on your drives?

If you have a fairly new system with plenty of free space, that shouldn't be the case, though.
Jan 13th, 2004, 03:25 PM
rex

Brand new laptop with loads of disk space - - and the symptom I experienced (and its solution) sounds an awful lot just like Patrick described.
Jan 14th, 2004, 06:26 AM
Jed

Rex - I suspect that your "over-scroll" is what was discussed last month in the topic "scroll bars" on this Europe forum. My problem was cured by deleting a recent windows download. That seems different from what is discussed here.

A circle with a slash sounds like what I see when I have my pop-up blocker on.