Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any opinion on these hotels in Istanbul?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which would be your choice and why please. Hotel spectra, Empress Zoe, Tashkonak Hotel, or Celal Sultan Hotel? We want to have the hotel arrange for airport pickup since we will be arriving in the late evening. Have read Trip advisor til' I'm blue in the face. People certainly have varied opinions on the same hotel. Any help will be appreciated.
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 07:28 PM

I'm sorry I can't help you much but I did want to agree with you about tripadvisor. I've read almost every review and just came away more confused! In the end, Osmanhan Hotel seems like a good posibility for our family. They have very reasonable rates (contact them directly!) I've also read good things about Empress Zoe in several guide books but the hotel's rooms look too small for us. Good luck!
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 09:31 AM

Sorry I can't help much either. Everyday I come up with another hotel or two to add to my list of possibilities. So many reviews on Trip Advisor are wonderfully positive. And then I see that they're often first time and only time contributors, so the my cynical side kicks in. I'm more comfortable here with recommendations coming from Fodorites. If nothing else, by bringing your post to the top, maybe you'll (we'll) get some insight.
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 09:54 AM

Southeastern,

I'm not going to be that much help either! However, we just left Istanbul a couple of weeks ago and happened to walk by the Empress Zoe. It is in a lovely location and the lobby is beautiful. I noticed it as a beautiful facade, and then recognized it because I had read so much about it on Fodor's and TA.

I can't say anything for the other hotels, but the location and first impression of the Empress Zoe is very good.

Hope that gives you a bit of help!

LisaG
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Original Poster

LisaG- thanks I'll look at Empress Zoe again. We are definately looking for good location.
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 04:16 PM

I have stayed at The Empress Zoe twice and highly recommend i. Book one of the three Chez Zoe suites-very comfortable. Location cannot be beat.