Any good deals on car rentals - Italy?

Aug 16th, 2002, 06:58 AM
Steve

Any good deals on car rentals - Italy?

Hi - I am flying into Milan in the early Spring and need to rent a car. Has anyone got some inside info on car rental deals? Does it cost more to get a car with a gps? Do they have cars with gps? Would appreciate your advice as I have been ripped off before from some of these car rental places and really want to do some homework before renting. Many thanks. S

Aug 16th, 2002, 08:18 AM
Wayne

Steve---If you really feel you want or need a car with GPS, you need to call several major car rental companies to ask about their rentals and rates.

Nobody is going to rip you off if you stick with the major companies, but you do need to be sure you ask all the questions, including what charges are mandatory and what charges are optional, especially for insurance. All of the major companies have toll-free numbers if you are calling from the U.S. Regardless of the answers you might get on this forum, CALL THE CAR RENTAL COMPANIES.

Aug 16th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Suanne

Steve:

When we went to Italy last year - I called all the major companies (American and European) and was shocked at the differences in price quotes. There were 6 of us - so we needed a mini-van. I was quoted around $1300 from Hertz and around $500 from National for the same type car for 5 days. So - just a suggestion to call around a lot.

Aug 16th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Rex

My four usual sources:

www.autoeurope.com
www.its-cars-hotels.com
www.kemwel.com

and

www.travelocity.com

Best wishes,

Rex

Aug 17th, 2002, 05:27 AM
up