any Genoa hotel suggestions?

Aug 24th, 2003, 05:50 PM
Original Poster

any Genoa hotel suggestions?

We will be flying into Genoa early October and plan to spend 1 night. Any good hotel suggestions? (about a 4*hotel)
Also, is it easy to go from airport to hotel suggestion? or need to rent car?
We would like to spend sometime seeing the sights in Genoa before moving on to CT.
Thanks in advance.
Aug 24th, 2003, 07:00 PM

Bristol Palace Hotel, Genoa! It was gorgeous with antiques and marble and wood. My hubby and I arrived in Genoa late in the evening and just happened upon this hotel. I don't really know what we paid as it was in lire and we had no idea of the exchange rate! We were tired and needed rest, OK? We were traveling from Zurich to the south of France by car and just stopped in Genoa for the night.

The desk clerks did not speak English and we were trying to ask them for directions to get a good pasta and chianti meal. They tried, bless their hearts, to help us find something. We ended up at "KING BURGHY"...(does that sound familiar) ugh... but the Bristol Palace is in the "treat yourself" section of some travel guide I read. And it really WAS a treat! I believe it is located in the city center.
Aug 25th, 2003, 05:35 AM
Ken

One night is hardly enough time to see much of what Genoa has to offer but you can at least wander the old city. For a hotel check out: http://www.modernoverdi.it/

Be aware that the Genoa Boat Show is early October and packs hotels. The highest rates apply.

No need to rent a car for Genoa or CT. Easy bus service from airport to hotel, taxi also available or arrange for hotel to pick you up.
Aug 25th, 2003, 06:37 AM
Gino

Jenneil6
Check out the Jolly hotel. We stayed there about three years ago and found it to be a great 4* and centrally located. They are a chain of good hotels and can be found on the internet. They also have weekend rates.

Aug 25th, 2003, 07:17 AM

The Airport is not that far from city center. You can take a taxi or the express bus route #100. Timetables on
http://www.amt.genova.it/orari/Volabus2003.JPG

I may suggest you to choose your hotel around the Brignole train station as it's much nearer to the shopping center and places of interset (and away from the harbour area.)

Local transit company operates a city tour which starts daily at 9.30AM from the bus terminal outside the Brignole train station. It costs 13€ per person and includes a 2 hours tour, with AC coach, and an optional walk tour inside the old town alleys.

The municipality web site has pages in english with some useful information.
www.comune.genova.it

BTW : Did you notice where the Airport has been built ?