Reload this Page >

Antico Martini for Wedding Reception

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 09:50 AM
Dawn

I am getting married in Venice in September of 2003. My first choice for a reception location, the Canal Restaurant at the Monaco Hotel, cannot happen. My wedding consultants do not work with that facility. They are pushing the Antico Martini, but I have read mixed reviews about the restaurant. How do you feel about the food, atmosphere and service? Are there any attractive views? In addition, are there any other very nice restaurants in Venice, which are within walking distance of San Marco Square, that you would recommend for a wedding party of around 25 people. Thanks so much.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Rex

I think they will treat you very well at Antico Martini.<BR><BR>But there are no views of any canal.<BR><BR>Congratulations on your new life in marriage.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 11:33 AM
elaine

Hi,<BR>I've not eaten there yet, but I've been inside and I have two sets of friends with very different tastes who just LOVE the place. They all feel the food is excellent.<BR>I can tell you it's beautiful, and in a very convenient location, minutes from Piazza San Marco. View is just Venice streets.<BR>Another well-regarded restaurant as close to San Marco is La Caravella in the Saturnia Internazionale hotel.<BR>There is courtyard seating in nice weather. La Caravella is considered to be in the top 10 in Venice for food.<BR>The Danieli Hotel has a nice restaurant with a view of the lagoon--food is said by some of the above friends to be very good, certainly the setting is elegant.<BR>Near the Danieli is the also stately Metropole hotel. I know some of the room have water views, I don't know if their restaurant does or not. Can't offer any opinion on the food there.<BR><BR>What a lovely wedding you are planning.<BR>congratulations.<BR>

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Paula

We had a wonderful dinner there in October 2000 and we enjoyed it so much we went back in June 2001. The food was excellent and so was the service.<BR>We enjoyed what I call the garden room -- the room on the front that has all windows. There is no real view that I remember, but it was a lovely setting. They have a website that has pictures and menus.<BR>I love the outdoor patio on the Grand Canal at the Gritti - but I doubt that it would be appropriate for your needs.<BR>Good luck!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 04:50 PM
rb

We went to Antico Martini last year. The service and food were excellent. It was elegant. Our daughter, who was 10 at the time still talks about this restaurant- how the ravioli melted in her mouth. We live in NYC and are not hurting for good Italian food- but, to her nothing compares to this restaurant.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 06:43 AM
tt

topping

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Rex

I think that I can't get past my own views of what a wedding reception ought to be like - - but it seems to me that if you're going all the way to Venice to get married, the reception ought to be outside or at least semi-outside with GREAT views.<BR><BR>I like AnticoMartini a lot - - I'm even quoted on their website from '98 - - and I've been back there since - - and no, no comps or payola or anything like that.<BR><BR>But I don't think I would choose to have a wedding reception there. I'd prefer that park down towards the ship-building place (sorry, I am blanking on the name).<BR>

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 05:29 AM
ttt

top<BR>

Old May 10th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Dawn

After much searching, we have decided to have the wedding reception on the outdoor terrace at the Hotel Cipriani.<BR><BR>Thanks for all the assistance.

Old May 12th, 2002, 09:01 PM
Tom

Dawn,<BR><BR>Please do report back here, complete with pictures for S. Fowler to post on her Fodorites phto page, if you'd be so kind.<BR>