Another Venice hotel question

Old Jan 14th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Venice hotel question

My SO and I will be spending two nights in Venice prior to boarding a cruise ship. We are seeking advice on a Venice hotel. We're willing to spend up to $300 a night. The main caveat is that we need to have easy access to a water taxi location because my SO will have a lot of luggage for me to haul when we go to the ship. Also we'd like to be fairly close to Piazza San Marco.
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 02:22 PM
rex

You'll want to confirm with this hotel - - http://www.venere.it/it/venezia/alpontedeisospiri - - but from the map, it looks like they will have direct water taxi access, and for some arbitrary dates in April, at least, they have a junior suite at 180 euro per night.

I was thinking that an "old favorite" where I have stayed might be a good choice for you - - the Bonvecchiati - - but they have let something go to their heads (they were 3-star aspiring for 4, when I stayed there, more than once) - - now 350 to 440 euro per room per night.

Oh, Venice!

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 02:40 PM

Venice is my embarkation/debarkation point as well for an eastern Med cruise.

After much research on the web, this forum and other forums, I'm booked at Locanda Orseolo.
Location (just off San Marco Square, close to Alilaguna dock since I too, will be lugging my suitcase/carryon), pricing and the feedback I've read about the hotel clinched it for me.
They have been wonderful in all their communiques to me; so far so good.

I had MANY questions (ie my particular room - is it away from noise, non-smoking, good working bathroom, good water pressure, canal view, A/C), hotel amenities (what is breakfast like, is there a lift), distance from/to Venice airport, port, Alilaguna, directions, location, access to this, that, ad nauseam.

www.locandaorseolo.com

I will write a "trip report" when I get back.
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

I've received the suggestion above and someone else has recommended the Luna Hotel Bagliani. What web site offers the best discounts on hotels?
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 03:36 PM

Hi! Try the Monaco and Grand Hotel. We stayed there a few years ago and loved it and it's location. Close to the square, right on the canal, a great view (specify what you want) and wonderful staff. It also is a Fodor's pick. Look into it. Have a great cruise. I would be curious what cruise line and the itinerary. We've been thinking about one from Venice to Istanbul in Sept. or Oct.2004. 10-12 days max. Any suggestions?