Reload this Page >

Annecy to Geneva

Search

Annecy to Geneva

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 02:00 PM
andie

Annecy to Geneva

What are my options getting from Annecy to Geneva airport in August if I want to return french rental car in Annecy?

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 02:22 PM
annecy

Go to www.rail.ch/pv/index_e.htm, type in Annecy to Geneve-Aeroporto. You have to change twice.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 11:53 PM
jeff

Hi, Andie,<BR><BR>I am assuming that there's a drop-off charge or some other reason that you are not just driving to Geneva. It's under an hour and a breeze to drive.<BR><BR>jeff

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 04:38 AM
Patrick

Forgive me if I'm telling you something you already know, but there is a French side to the Geneva airport. Virtually every car rental firm has a drop off point there, as well as on the Swiss side, so you don't usually have to pay drop off charges, and then a shuttle will take you right to the airport.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Andre

andie,<BR><BR>Patrick is right: you can drop off your rental car at the French sector of Geneva airport, which straddles the French-Swiss border.<BR><BR>No need to take a shuttle bus BTW, the dropoff area is only an elevator ride away from the terminal. <BR><BR>Post again if you'd like driving directions.<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR>Andre

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 08:37 AM
Andre

One more thing: when you reserve your car, tell the rental company you'll be returning your car in Geneva, FRANCE! That's how their computer systems list the French airport location.<BR><BR>Andre

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 10:58 AM
ANDRE

THANK YOU. WHAT ARE THOSE DIRECTIONS TO GENEVA AIRPORT FRENCH SECTION?