Anne Frank House

Search

Anne Frank House

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2019, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anne Frank House

Does anyone know if you can purchase the additional 30 minute program when you arrive at the museum? On the website the date I want to go, the additional program and ticket is booked, only the entrance ticket is available. I am wondering if I just purchase just the entrance ticket if I could ask to purchase and join a 30 minute program when I arrive. Any information is helpful and greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 01:03 PM

If it's fully booked it's fully booked. You can ask on the website to go on the waiting list. They don't sell the tickets on the day.
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 01:40 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, I will ask about to be put on the waiting list. Also, I see there is a free audio tour and that 20% of additional tickets are released the day of. Do you know if that 20% includes tickets with the 30 minute additional program? I would hate to wait until the day of to purchase tickets and risk not being able to go at all. This is my first time going to Amsterdam and I am really looking forward to visiting the museum.
Old Mar 8th, 2019, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by jdambrosio
Thank you, I will ask about to be put on the waiting list. Also, I see there is a free audio tour and that 20% of additional tickets are released the day of. Do you know if that 20% includes tickets with the 30 minute additional program? I would hate to wait until the day of to purchase tickets and risk not being able to go at all. This is my first time going to Amsterdam and I am really looking forward to visiting the museum.
Better to book online. The lines at the AF House are insane.
Old Mar 8th, 2019, 03:25 AM

No the 30 minute program can only be booked online. Book your tickets online too as Menachem says the queues are ridiculous and you run a real risk of not getting in at all, plus wasting a lot of valuable time standing in line.
Old Mar 8th, 2019, 06:12 AM

Wishing you luck on the waiting list. We found the pre-tour program to be very enlightening.
Old Mar 8th, 2019, 06:32 AM

Also, if you want to have interesting and well presented background information, please visit the Jewish Historical Museum, the Resistance Museum and the memorial at Hollandsche Schouwburg. If you book a tour with JHM (not on shabbath, obviously) you also get to visit the Portugese Synagogue and its world famous Livraria Ets Haim. JHM also holds the beautiful Charlotte Salomon gouaches "Leben? Oder Theater".