Reload this Page >

Amsterdam hotels

Search

Amsterdam hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 09:34 AM
bruce johnson

Amsterdam hotels

What is the "best" hotel in Amsterdam, considering rooms, location, ambience, etc. Hotel de l'Europe, the Pulitzer, Amstel Intercontinental, or others? Thanks.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 09:50 AM
xxx

Blakes

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 10:21 AM
April

I haven't stayed at the others to make a comparison, but I loved the Pulitzer. The room you get can make a difference though as they are not all alike. We found it easy to walk from there to the main museums, Vondelpark and Dam Sq. The Westerkerk in the Jordaan is right on the corner with the Anne Frank house just beyond.

Old Jan 28th, 2003, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone offer information on the Pulitzer Hotel vs. the American in Amsterdam? Which has the better location for touring? Ambience, service, rooms? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 10:18 AM

Martas,<BR><BR>I haven't been to the Pulitzer so I can't compare but I love the American. And typically I would be very opposed to a hotel called American in another country. But the location is perfect, the rooms are wonderful, the beds big and comfortable, the sitting area in its little window alcove great, the bathroom and amenities perfect, robes... what more can you ask. And the cafe and bar are quite nice too.
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 06:45 AM

Thanks Grasshopper! I, too, was turned off by the name &quot;American&quot; Hotel, but I'm glad to hear that I needn't be concerned. My guess is that it's probably not quite as opulent as some of the other 5-stars, but the location seems great, and we got a phenomenal rate as well!
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 02:39 PM

Stayed at the Pulitzer a few years ago on two occasions. both rooms were charming, but totally different. Atmosphere is wonderfully low key.<BR>Good restaurant as I recall.
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 05:00 PM

My vote goes to Hotel L'Europe...it was elegant and the service was excellent. We liked the location as well.
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 12:22 PM

have stayed at both the hotel l'europe and at the grand. both locations are great. better beds at the grand, better bar at l'europe. both have a laid back feel, but the bar and dining room at the grand are stuffy. both have excellent buffets for breakfast. the grand has a steam/sauna/pool setup that NO ONE is ever in, you can go to the pool in your robe. Gert the bartender at l'europe is worth looking up, excellent conversationalist!
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 09:34 AM

Two I have stayed at: Ambassade and Radisson SAS. Both are good combinations of quality, price, location.