Search

Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 08:37 AM
Ruth

Amsterdam

We are planning a trip at the end of July to Amsterdam. We are planning to stay in Amsterdam (need suggestions of 4 or 5 star hotels). We then are planning to drive around the Netherland (How many days and where should we stay. We plan then to drive to Brussels.(How many days and what hotels). From Brussels we plan to drive or take the train to Paris. Any suggestions?

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 09:02 AM
scurry

<BR>Do a search under Amsterdam and The Netherlands in the little box above. <BR> <BR>You'll find plenty of suggestions.

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 09:40 AM
m

we liked the Estherea hotel in amsterdam.

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 05:04 PM
Danna

Ruth... you better get a move on! Amsterdam fills up quickly, recently there was a post here where someone was having trouble getting reservations in August. We like Hotel Washington. You can get the info from Fodors Hotel Rant and Rave section. Have fun!

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 09:43 AM
dale dooley

Has anyone tried "Air Tech" or "Air Hitch"? I want to try them for Europe at the end of October. Also, I have been to London, Paris, Rome, Florence and Venice. Where would you go next. Going to go to Nice in December and would like advise on where to go from there (Italy or France)?

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 09:46 AM
dale dooley

Ruth, Sorry, I didn't mean to reply to your message. I meant to create a new one!

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 10:16 AM
liz

Ruth - We stayed in the American Hotel <BR>in March. Its normally a lovely hotel, great location, but they did not tell us <BR>it was undergoing major renovations. Consequently it was noisy, dusty and very limited facilites yet they charged us top dollar. Don't stay there unless they have finised building work. However their Art Novo/Deco Cafe is still open and well worth a visit either for lunch or light dinner. <BR>

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 10:36 PM
D.

I drove from germany to amsterdam before and it was only 4 hours brussels i think is about 2, i say drive cause you can see more that way, and it's really serene up there, if you ignore the nuclear power generators...