American Airlines/Swiss Air

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2005, 04:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We purchased tickets on AA.com in November for our upcominig trip to Switzerland in May 2006. Our itinerary consisted of an American Eagle flight from RDU to BOS, then Swiss to Zurich. Same deal on the return. I decided to check my reservations online yesterday (we've already received the paper tickets). There was a message that our schedule had been changed. American included an extra stop in London before Zurich, and on the return ZRH-JFK-BOS-RDU. The only leg of the journey that involved Swiss Air was the hop from London to Zurich. The whole reason we booked online thru AA.com was to use Swiss for a direct flight into Zurich. While speaking with a rude ticket agent on the phone, I was informed that Swiss is no longer a codeshare partner with American. They will refund our tickets at full price. So back to the drawing board. We're probably going to book through Travelocity now.

So my advice is to always check your reservations online. The airlines can make a change without informing you. If you have a ticket through American that includes a Swiss flight, you may want to call to confirm.
Old Dec 29th, 2005, 06:09 AM

Always good advice. Good Luck.
Old Dec 29th, 2005, 07:26 AM

Good to know. We just used our AA miles 2 months ago to fly Swiss from Rome to Chicago, via Zurich. I had no idea they weren't partners anymore.
Old Dec 29th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

I'm not sure - it may have something to do with Lufthansa taking over Swiss, and the codeshare partners changing. In any event, I've rebooked tickets thru Expedia for the same price - RDU- JFK on Delta Comair, JFK-ZRH on Swiss, ZRH-BOS on Swiss, then BOS-RDU on AA Eagle. So all is well!
Old Dec 29th, 2005, 08:43 AM

For future reference, on the AA website , you can sign up for Flight Information Notifications, either by email or postal service. I've been notified of time and service changes as they are made .They even send gate info up to 6 hours before your flight.

I'm an Advantage member but I don't think that is required.
Old Dec 29th, 2005, 03:52 PM

I have my profile set up on AA.com and neither they nor British Air informed me that my flight from Rome to London had been canceled. It was on British. I had to scramble to get flights from Rome to Zurich then using Swiss to get home.