Amalfi Coast

Jul 7th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Original Poster

Amalfi Coast

We're looking for the best way to get from Naples Airport to Ravello without renting a car. Have found several sites with quite a difference in pricing from private limo services to bus lines. Any ideas from past experiences? Also, we're taking day trips while there...any ideas on best way to travel to and from points of interest? Someone suggested hiring a local taxi but that sounds like it could get very expensive.
Jul 7th, 2003, 03:53 PM

I'll let others reply to your question about transport from Naples Airport. (We arrived by train.)

I'm wondering, though, about your day trips to "points of interest." If you're thinking of going to Pompei, Capri, Sorrento, Naples, Paestum, you'll be dealing with transport issues every day and might be better off with a rented car. If your day trips are only to other towns along the Amalfi Coast, then stick to the SITA buses. They're cheap and frequent.
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:05 AM
ira

topping for concrete
Jul 10th, 2003, 01:51 AM

If cost isn't an issue, the best way is by private limo.

Otherwise the public transport options are via Salerno/Amalfi. Here's how I'd do it:

1. Take the bus from Naples airport to Napoli Centrale station, then

2. Take the train to SALERNO (45 mins), then

3. Take the ferry from Salerno (Piazza della Concordia jetty) to AMALFI (journey time 35 mins). The jetty is 3 mins walk from the station ...

Alternatively take the bus (journey time 70 mins) to AMALFI from outside Salerno station.

4. Take the bus from Amalfi up to RAVELLO (25 mins).

Hope this helps ...

Steve
Jul 10th, 2003, 06:14 AM

The easiest but probably the most expensive way would be to arrange for a driver to meet you at the airport and drive you to Ravello. We did the similar trip from Positano to Naples Airport for about 80-85 Euros last year.
e-mail [email protected] and they will tell you what their rates are. They only have 2 driver and we had the pleasure of working with Guiseppe (the father). His son is also working for the same company.
Jul 10th, 2003, 02:37 PM

I did this in reverse order last May. That is, I took a Sita bus from Ravello to Amalfi, changed to another Sita bus that went all the way to Naples and then I believe took a cab from the bus station to the airport. It was a long haul taking several hours.
Jul 11th, 2003, 04:23 AM
ira

tttt