Search

Amafili Coast

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amafili Coast

My fiance and I are looking to go to the Amafili Coast to get married. It will be just him and I, but due to vacation time request at work, it looks like we can't go till March 2013,unless we try for April 2013, which I can't put my bid in till Jan 2013. Any suggestions on weather, places to wed and anything else you think might be appropriate. Thank You
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 10:29 AM

On the Amalfi coast there is a town called Ravello, which is just beautiful. The little town sits high up above the coastline in the clouds. I do remember a sweet church in the town which is mostly known for its ceramics and I believe there is a lovely monastery there.
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 10:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Is this going to be a symbolic ceremony or a 'real' wedding? If the real thing, you may want to look into all that this entails, all the paperwork, time in country requirements, etc.

If symbolic, then I can't think of a more beautiful place in that area than Ravello.
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Its going to be the real thing. I have already started to look what this will entail. thank you
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 06:31 PM

You need to know that definitely March and most probably April are too early for beach weather on the Amalfi Coast. While most things will be open it typically isn;t warm enough to swim (nor the hotel pools open) until mid to late May. And the ferries my be on an off-season schedule.

We have been twice and loved it - but both times in late May, when it was warmish - enough to use the hotel pool - but not really hot yet.

Can't reco places to get married - but I do know that for foreigners to get married in italy is quite complicated and has a residency requirement. As ofr places to stay - it would help to know your budget.
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 08:23 PM

Here's a relatively recent discussion of the logistics f the actual ceremony.

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...g-american.cfm

The easiest thing to do may be to do as many Italians do: choose a town on the Amalfi Coast and get married in a civil ceremony at "city hall."
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Original Poster

Thank You everyone for the advice