Alitalia anyone?

Search

Alitalia anyone?

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alitalia anyone?

Has anyone flown Alitalia recently? I am getting nervous about my upcoming honeymoon booked on this airline. Any *positive* feedback would be welcome!
Old May 30th, 2007, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you search on any named airline, you are bound to find several posts detailing all their failings and urging you never to fly with them.

I am always a little wary of Alitalia because of their precarious financial position, and the risk of strikes. Having said that, I flew with them last year and found them to be very good. The Crew were friendly, the food ok, and the flight was on time.

I don't think I'd lose to much sleep worrying about them.
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:04 AM

I think we've had problems on all the airlines. That being said, Alitalia is no better or worse than anyone else. We flew them last summer to Rome and back and the flight, crew, service, was fine.
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:18 AM

Yeah, I agree with the others. You're fine. Any airlines is a crapshoot. Have a great honeymoon!!!
Old May 30th, 2007, 12:26 PM

We have flown Alitalia to Rome in the past (not the greatest experience) and more recently in the past few years, including last summer, to Rome and had good experiences with service and food. The only thing is that the bathrooms get really dirty during the flight with paper everyone, wet floors, etc. - wlorse than other airlines we have flown. Just horrible, especially towards the end of the flight! We have flown during times of impending strikes and have never had a problem. Taxis...that's another story.

In addition to vacation trips, my husband flies Alitalia regulary to Milan and on to Macedonia. He tells me all the time that the flights are great and the food is really good - especially the fish. So, go ahead and enjoy the flight and your honeymoon!
Old May 30th, 2007, 12:34 PM

Has anybody here flown Alitalia Milan to Tokyo? It's 12h. Noticed any difference between flights to North America and Asia? I booked row 40, but this still can be changed. seatguru.com lists it as standard seats.