Alhambra parking

Search

Alhambra parking

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alhambra parking

We are headed to Marbella Spain next week. We have a rental car and want to go to Alhambra. I read you can't drive in Granada or get big fines. Anyone know how i can park to go to Alhambra? I don't mind walking. Also, we want to go in the morning, any idea how long it takes to get there? I want to buy tickets. We have young kids, so they are better in the morning.
Old May 27th, 2009, 11:05 AM

The guidebook you read that from must be at least 15 years old . Number 1: it's been years since you do not need to go into Granada city centre to access The Alhambra, great new highway brings you right into the Alhambra grounds, and number 2) huge parking lots upon accessing the grounds. No worries, just get there early.
Old May 27th, 2009, 11:10 AM

A note of warning: The Alhambra is NOT DisneyWorld; lots of places without fences with scary-looking drops, steep inclines, furniture not to touch, walls to stay away from, maze-like grounds; definitely watch your kids and recalibrate your expectations; not an amusement park for sure....Just a thought.
Old May 27th, 2009, 01:17 PM

disneymom,
I've written a guide to Granada and how to purchase online tickets (which are absolutely essential-please don't wait). You can download it at www.maribelsguides.com

Also it's super easy to drive up to the Alhambra and completely avoid the downtown maze. You just look for the signs to the Carretera de Circunvalación or Ronda Sur and follow the pink Alhambra signs, and this bypass will take you up and around the city and straight to the huge Alhambra parking lots which lie above the Access Pavilion. To the right of the Access Pavilion, you'll find a separate glass enclosed building where you'll find the ServiCaixa machines, to swipe your credit card and pick up the tixs you purchased on line.

And the earlier in the am you can reach the Alhambra, the better. By 10-11 am the bus tour crowds start rolling in, and the complex gets just packed.
Old May 28th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

Great, thanks for all the tips!