Albania or Armenia

Search

Albania or Armenia

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2019, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Albania or Armenia

We are looking for an interesting not expensive destination for April and It came down to Albania or Armenia. We are a family with teenage kids who love to travel. We like views, villiges, hiking and activities. A nyone benn to both destinations and can recomend? We have visited most Balkan countries and lived it, havant been to the Caucasion yet. Thanks!
Old Jul 27th, 2019, 02:59 PM
Forum Moderator

Moved to Europe board
Old Jul 27th, 2019, 03:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been to both. I would say that there is more to see in Armenia, especially as April will be too early for the coast in Albania. The tourist infrastructure is better in Armenia, too (if mostly for the diaspora).
Old Jul 28th, 2019, 12:18 AM

We visited Armenia (and Georgia) last September. Loved it! Loved both countries. Armenia is different from other European countries in terms of architecture--especially their churches, monasteries, cathedrals. I honestly felt like Indian Johes! Some of these old churches retain the feel that they are lost in time. Mostly lit with candles and light steraming from the windows. Highly recommend Geghard monastery, Khor Virap, Noravank Monastery, Garni Temple and the village near it, Lake Sevan. All of these were spectacular!!! I wish we had more days in Armenia to see more. Wish we had a chance to go to Tatev Monastery and take "the longest reversible aerial tram" to get to Tatev Monastery. I heard that there are some amazing hikes (which we didn('t do due to the age restriction), but if it's your thing, then there are plenty of places. The biggest biggest surprise was how warm and welcoming everyone we met was. Service was genuine and we were treated with respect and warm hospitality at every place and restaurant. I would say in all of my travels, Armenia had the best service. Delicious food too! If you get a chance to visit Yerevan and Lake Sevan make sure to try out these two restaurants: Lavash (in Yerevan) and Tsovatsots (Lake Sevan.... must try Crayfish kebabs!) Oh, lastly.... Armenia is still so inexpensive!

If you want to add another country to the mix.... Georgia was amazing as well.

Enjoy!
Old Jul 28th, 2019, 12:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Jul 28th, 2019, 12:23 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! Georgia would have been our first choice if it wasn't April and impossible to hike int the high Caucasion. Thank you fo the tips