Airport to Rome

Old Jun 6th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airport to Rome

What is the best way to get from the airport in Rome to the cities center? Can you take the train in? How far is the train station from the airport? About how much is the train and do you know what the name of the connection is? I know there is a bunch of queations for a first time traveler. Thanks
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 08:02 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Here is a link to the Rome aiport transportation for trains, taxis, busses, shuttles. http://www.adr.it/content.asp?L=3&id...t/content.asp?

I've used www.limoservicerome.com.
Old Jun 7th, 2006, 12:26 AM

Hi

You can take the Leonardo Express into the Termini station. It takes about 30 minutes and I think it costs about 10 €. I used this last year when I went to Rome. I have posted a trip report with pictures and links on my personal homepage http://gardkarlsen.com/rome_italy.htm Maybe you can find some useful info there.

Regards
Gard
Stavanger, Norway
Old Jun 7th, 2006, 02:29 AM

Hi Mzzzo, it really depends on your budget and how many people are travelling together. We used the train to get into Rome from the airport last year and then had to take a taxi from the train station to the hotel. We were totally fleeced by the taxi and it cost us a fortune, train fares included. For the return journey we took a limo, enjoyed the ride, door to door and it was 45E (50 with tip)an altogether much more pleasant experience. There were two of us. As a single traveller the train would be cheaper of course, but watch those taxi drivers. We are seasoned travellers and still got stung - they are good (or bad which ever way you like to put it) Schnauzer
Old Jun 7th, 2006, 02:22 PM

You can take the train into the main terminal for around $10E and then take a taxi or walk to your hotel from there. My hotel, Hotel Sonya is sending a limo for 6 of us for 12.50E each from airport direct to hotel, which is a better deal. You might check with your hotel.
Old Jun 7th, 2006, 02:35 PM

If you decide to take a cab from the Termini station, make sure that you get a legitimate cab. These are white cabs bearing the city's shield/logo on their doors. Outside the station and close to the cab stands, there may be guys wearing a badge written in English saying something like "Free Tourist Taxi Information". They will try to get a car for you but they aren't the legitimate taxis. I was once given a quote of 50E by these guys for my trip. I finally decided to take a legitimate cab and the fare according to the meter was only 10E.
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 12:34 AM

The taxi that we took was a legit taxi,ie white with logo etc. Somehow he obscured the meter by tilting the middle front seat (yes there was one)and during the journey he obviously kept adding bits on, a ten minute trip from the station to Albergo del Senato at the Pantheon ended up costing 27E, and then to add insult to injury he didn't even drop us at the correct hotel but at one around the corner grrr. So even the legit taxis rip you off as well. Be warned!
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 02:18 AM
ira

Hi mz,

A cab from FCO to a hotel in Rome will be about 50-55E.

Old Jun 8th, 2006, 05:04 AM

schnauzer, a limo for 45 euros sounds great.Does anyone have a limo service they can recommend with contact info to be picked up at FCO and brought into Rome center?
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 05:48 AM

Contact Stephano at RomeCabs. He will meet you just outside of customs, load your luggage, and give you a "drive-by" tour of the major sites on the way to your hotel. He is professional, speaks great English, and drives either a Mercedes sedan or minivan. He charges about 45-50 Euros for up to 4 people and it is well worth it. Contact him at [email protected] or [email protected] We've used his services several times and he's great.
[email protected]
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 06:54 AM

We've used Limoservicerome several times along with many other Fodorites. 45 Euro for up to 3 people

http://www.limoservicerome.com/Servi...nd%20rates.htm

Old Jun 8th, 2006, 07:11 AM

I second Rome Cabs.
Old Jun 9th, 2006, 02:30 AM

I can't tell you the exact name of the limo company sorry, but some other folk have provided names which sound pretty good to me. Go limo, not train!