Reload this Page >

Airport to AVE -- Time?

Search

Airport to AVE -- Time?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 01:25 PM
Kate

Airport to AVE -- Time?

Hi! Can anyone recommend how much time I should allow to get between the Madrid Aiport and the train station for the AVE to Seville? I am arriving at 7 a.m. on a Saturday.<BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>--Kate

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 04:59 AM
Jeff

Hi Kate,<BR>I read in the Eyewitness guide book that shuttles run every 12 minutes from the airport into the city center. I hope that they stop at the AVE station. The city center is 9 miles from the airport.<BR><BR>My wife and I need to make the same connection in a few weeks. Sorry I can't provide more details.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 06:06 AM
Daniel

The metro (pink line 8, 8-10 trains an hour Saturday morning) from the airport has been extended to Nuevos Ministerios, where you can change for a underground suburban train to the railway station Madrid Atocha (two stops, 10 minutes).<BR><BR>www.metromadrid.es/horario.asp?lineaID=8.<BR>www.renfe.es

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 07:49 AM
Maribel

Kate,<BR>I agree with Berry/Berry. Plan on taking the 9 a.m. AVE or later. It recently took me a full hr. to go through the very, very long customs line, then retrieve my bags, get money from the ATM, then out the door. And I would just take a taxi. Taxi to Atocha will take 30 min. on a Sat. Should cost around 20 euros, including the 4 euro surcharge for airport runs. (On weekdays, plan on 10 min. and 5 euros more). The extra supplement for each bag carried in trunk was eliminated this yr.<BR><BR>If you opt for the metro, please be aware that the airport metro station is a good, loooooong walk from the Intl terminal, all the way to the very end of the domestic terminal. It has taken us 15 min. with luggage carts to make that walk.<BR>As Daniel says, the newly expanded pink line 8, whose cars have luggage racks, will take you now all the way to Nuevos Ministerios-takes 8 min. Metro ticket costs ,95 euros (a 10 ticket "bono" costs 5). But you'll need to switch to a CERCANIAS<BR>train (not the gray or blue metro lines 6 or 10), that will take you to Atocha after a stop at Recoletos. The AVE will leave from the Puerta de Atocha area, where the tropical garden is.<BR>If you're heavily laden with bags, I just wouldn't choose this option.<BR><BR>Jeff,<BR>There is an airport shuttle bus (blue), called "aeropuerto-Colon" (with luggage racks) that leaves every 12 min. from outside the intl terminal (out the doors and to the right). But it doesn't take you as far as Atocha! ONLY to the underground station at Plaza Colon on Castellana Boulevard in mid-town. It recently took me exactly 20 min. mid-morning. Costs 2,5 euros. <BR>Then add on a 10-15 min. ride and 6-7 euro taxi fare to Puerta de Atocha.<BR><BR>Another option would be to arrange an Aero City shuttle pick up to take you to Atocha. Cost is 14 euros (1-2 persons) for regular service (guaranteeing you no more than 3 stops), or you can reserve the whole 7 pass. van for express service.<BR>You can book at www.aerocity.com.<BR><BR>Hope this helps you to decide.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 04:24 PM
Jeff

Maribel,<BR>Thank you. Just the information I was hoping for.<BR><BR>Jeff

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Kate

Thanks so much! This helps a lot!<BR>--Kate