Search

AIRPLANE TRAVEL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 02:43 PM
JILL

AIRPLANE TRAVEL

Is it cheaper to book flights when you arrive in Europe or before you leave the states? I will be traveling in March.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 05:42 PM
ira

Hi Jill<BR> If you intend to fly from one European destination to another, I think that you will get better rates if you book after you get to Europe.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Patrick

That certainly isn't true if you are looking at some of the really low cost airlines like Easy Jet, for instance. Easy Jet sells only so many tickets at each price, raising their prices as they sell. So the earlier you book, the cheaper they are. You get prices like London to Nice for less than $20 if you book when they first come on the market -- maybe four or five times that much if you wait until a week or so before the flight.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Rex

And I think that some of the $99 europebyair fares are not available to Europeans. They only seem to show up if you click the US flag icon on their site.<BR><BR>I can't actually recall hearing of an example of flights available cheaper once you get to Europe.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 06:31 PM
sandy

Why take the chance? I did and it was a mistake. I saw a non-stop flight from Gatwick to Inverness for $181.00. By the time I went to book it after I was in the UK, the price had gone up to $355!!!! Also, all theose chap European Airlines like Ryanair and Buzz and Easy Jet sell their tickets online, so why wait?

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 04:38 AM
up

topping, for Jill<BR>

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 04:55 AM
Walter

This website was posted on the LP Thorntree last night, it covers ~15 of the cheaper inter-Europe airlines. www.aerfares.net<BR>Regards, Walter<BR>

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Sam

Unless you want to book a tour to one of the islands in Spain or Greece, it's more reliable to lock in a low price in the USA before leaving. This is true if you book over the internet on airlines like EasyJet, Go, Ryanair, Buzz, Basiq Air (Netherlands), etc.