airline that goes into venice and bologna

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any other airline other than British Air that will fly into both Venice and out of Bologna non stop from London? Alitalia doesn't go direct and I am not sure who else to check. Thanks
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 12:02 PM

There is an airline called Volare that flies from London to Venice. Don't know about Bologna.
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 12:38 PM

Easyjet flies from Stanstead to both Bologna and Venice, at very reasonable cost. You can search for flights on their website, or on applefares.com (which searches nearly all the budget airlines in Europe, and allows you to put in flexible dates, if you like.)
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 06:32 PM
rex

Ryanair also flies into Venice (Treviso, 20-25 miles away) and into (the secondary airport of) Bologna (in nearby Forli).<BR><BR>I don't know anything about forli, but Ryanair does list a website (not specifically for the airport): http://www.provincia.forli-cesena.it<BR><BR>Click on Turismo, and there is English tranlation avaiable there. Thr province and the twon appear to be geographically separate enough that they do not show Bologna on the map provided by the website.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>[email protected]<BR>
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 09:25 PM

Easy Jet (formerly GO?) as someone said flies from Stanstead directly into Bologna. Forli is an hour's bus ride from Bologna. <BR>Sometimes the bus leaves you off at the train station, sometimes the main bus terminal. You never know, but at least there are taxis at both places.<BR><BR>RyanAir flights are usually late at night, so your arrive around 9 or 10. Pain in the neck if you ask me.