Staying in or around Innsbruck?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2003, 06:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning to go to Innsbruck for two nights this July with my family of 5. I am wondering if it is better to stay in Innsbruck itself or close by in say Igls or Mutters? Has anyone stayed in Mutters at the Hotel Altenburg? Or in Igls at the Sporthotel Igls? Is it hard to get in and out of Innsbruck via the train to these areas?? Thanks
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 04:07 PM

I have been to Innsbruck many times. It is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. It is clean, safe and the people are very friendly.<BR>Stay in the city. The villages are nice but you will get tired of taking the bus (or tram) back and forth to the city. And, due to contruction of a new train station in Innsbruck, you have to walk three blocks to the bus stop. If you do decide to say in a village, the Sporthotel would be a great choice. It's in the center of Igls, just a few steps from the bus stop.<BR> Have a great trip and stay in Innsbruck longer if you can. It's perfectly located for day trips to Garmisch, Kitzbuhel, St. Anton or Salzburg.
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 06:05 PM

Igls is a lovely town, but you have to take a bus from Innsbrook, which takes longer than you expect due to the winding road. You then need to walk to and from the bus, which is a hassle. The Sporthotel might have a courtesy van, however which would make it a lot easier.
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 06:57 PM

its a bit away, but the last time i took my kids to innsbruck we stayed in Seefeld (NNW of inns.)...there is a fabulous sports center there with a pool that goes inside and outside---kids love it..nice hotels and b&amp;B's
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 07:24 PM
pj

We loved Seefeld also, in fact we made a point on a return trip to Austria to stay there instead of Innsbruck.
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 10:20 PM

Weisses Kreuz is a delightful hotel right in the old town, it is the handiest to everything, the info centre is just round the corner about a two minute walk. They do a wonderful buffet breakfast and the staff are courteous and helpful. I stayed there in november and liked it so much went back for Xmas also.