Airfare to Italy

Old Mar 4th, 2004, 03:38 PM
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airfare to Italy

Hi! I am in the process of looking for honeymoon airfare to Rome from SFO (preferably open-jaw leaving from florence) 5/23-6/1. Some of you may remember my first post regarding FF miles, and alas the Wise Ones were correct and there are no FF flights available. Thus I must buy full flight fares...so my question is with my dates should I be jumping at the prices I see now ($800) before they continue to rise or if I am patient and check daily am I likely to find a better (like $600) rate? I don't want to end up with $1000 tickets if I wait too long! Thanks for your advice!
pritchaa is offline  
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 03:41 PM
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,127
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find that SFO-Italy airfare is really much higher than SFO-Paris airfare for example. Maybe you can go from SFO to London and take a low-cost air carrier from London to Italy?
francophile03 is offline  
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 04:14 PM
  #3  
rex
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 13,194
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that it is wishful thinking that you will get a $480 fare (plus $120 taxes) for California-Italy at the beginning of summer. My upside-downside analysis is 20% chance of lower, 80% higher in the next 30 days.

Like I know!

Best wishes,

Rex
rex is offline  
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 04:15 PM
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,420
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would buy soon. You are going over the Memorial day weekend and things could get tight.
CarolA is offline  
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 04:46 AM
  #5  
ira
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 74,699
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

I agree with the above.
ira is offline  
Old Mar 6th, 2004, 11:27 AM
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 247
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pritchaa, I like you have been holding out for a better fare (except my trip is the last week of April and first week of May).

I finally broke down and booked our flights this morning for fear that they will probably go up. At least you can rack up FF points for future flights if not this time.
JenniferW is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Original Poster
Forum
Replies
Last Post
jessi8teen
Europe
16
Sep 20th, 2009 11:59 AM
sbp17
Europe
8
Jun 3rd, 2004 06:47 AM
ninalou
Europe
12
Mar 11th, 2004 07:05 PM
squirrelhead
Europe
22
Apr 9th, 2003 01:21 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:24 AM.