Reload this Page >

car rental in venice?

Search

car rental in venice?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 04:00 PM
Luke

car rental in venice?

I know there are no cars in venice so where can I rent a car to go from venice to Milan? Also, is it possible to rent a car in one cuty and leave it in another city?

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 04:51 PM
Rex

All of the majors have rental locations "in" Venice - - typically at Piazzale Roma, the last place a car can get to approaching Venice, not far from the train station.<BR><BR>And yes, there are an abundance of (I dare not say "all" of them, but must be nearly so) car rental companies which permit rental in one Italian city, and return in another Italian city.<BR><BR>Presumably you have other destinations along the way (Verona, Sirmione, Bergamo, just to name a few possibilities). Otherwise, train from Venice to Miilan is more economical, unless you have very full car-full of travelers.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 07:42 PM
Ryan

I'll second that Piazzale Roma is the place to get a car. You might try Hertz as we were able to rent a car from them in France and return it to a Hertz in Rome.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 05:06 AM

topping<BR>

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 05:45 AM
athena

I recommend Auto Europe. You can reserve the car before you go, and the rate is guaranteed, and it is all-inclusive. No nasty surpises. Dropping off in another city is no problem. Also, they have a 24-hour toll-free number to call in case of trouble. We had a car in Rapallo -- the battery went dead overnight. They had a truck at our hotel within an hour!

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 05:12 PM
Tom

Almost everyone agrees that Autoeurope may be the only name you need to know for car rentals in Europe. And 24 hour telephone support is good.<BR><BR>But it needs to be stressed, especially for the sake of novices, that Autoeurope has no cars. They are brokers only. Some company, with a name, rented you that car, and sent the road service to you.<BR><BR>It would be good to mention that company by name.<BR>