Airfare Paris to Rome

Jan 12th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Michael

Airfare Paris to Rome

I have been reading and don't think we want to deal with an overnight trail to Rome. I have found airfares for about $262.00, does that seem reasonable.

Michael

Jan 12th, 2002, 07:58 PM
Rex

Depending on how long you are in Paris, I might recommend reducing your stay in the high priced cities for a few nights lodging in cheaper places - - which might lead you meandering towards - - Belgium! Whether you go by train (only 90 minutes from CDG airport to Brussels - - but regrettably a bit over-priced, considering how short the distance is) - - or by car, perhaps spanning a few days - - it can allow you to take advantage of Brussels to Rome on www.virgin-express.com - - with fares as low as 36.09 (euros) - - in February - - to 74.12 (in June) - - ONE way - - no requirement to buy a round trip (but available at similar prices if you need it).

Best wishes,

Rex

Jan 13th, 2002, 04:50 AM
Rex

Depending on how long you are in Paris, I might recommend reducing your stay in the high priced cities for a few nights lodging in cheaper places - - which might lead you meandering towards - - Belgium! Whether you go by train (only 90 minutes from CDG airport to Brussels - - but regrettably a bit over-priced, considering how short the distance is) - - or by car, perhaps spanning a few days - - it can allow you to take advantage of Brussels to Rome on www.virgin-express.com - - with fares as low as 36.09 (euros) - - in February - - to 74.12 (in June) - - ONE way - - no requirement to buy a round trip (but available at similar prices if you need it).

Best wishes,

Rex

Jan 13th, 2002, 04:52 AM
Rex

My apologies, once again - - for the apparent double post. Seems to happen with refreshes after logging off, then logging back on to the internet.

Jan 13th, 2002, 06:47 AM
LEE

I was able to get tickets from Paris to Rome for $151 directly from Air France, but I noticed they are already back up to the price you quoted. Maybe keep checking back every few days and see if they come down again.

Jan 13th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Michael

Rex,

Thanks, at first I thought you were crazy and then after looking it makes since. So Paris to Brussels via train, have pass so it will cost reservation. Night is Brussels $150 and then flight to Rome next day $60. I am ahead.

Any suggestions were to stay in Brussels.

Michael

Jan 13th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Rex

I don't have a favorite hotel to recommend IN Brussels - - my favorite hotel in Belgium (right up there for ALL of Europe) is Hotel Erasmus in Ghent.

I submit that your lodging in Belgium is not part of the cost of getting to Rome. You were going to stay in Paris or Rome for that same night - - and you will probably LOWER your (average) lodging cost - - wherever you stay, by adding a night in Belgium (or northeastern France).

Jan 13th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Michael

We were spending the night on the train, so I need to consider it in. Thanks again for the idea.

Michael

Jan 13th, 2002, 11:04 AM
Rex

Okay - - I guess I meant that once you rejected the idea of the overnight train, the lodging cost is still there. So only the cost of Paris-Brussels and flying Brussels-Paris needs to be considered in comparison to the cost of flying Paris-Rome.

Oct 7th, 2002, 05:26 PM
topping

up

Search this Thread