Airfare: Fly 2 Paris/Leave fr Rome

Jan 24th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Original Poster

Airfare: Fly 2 Paris/Leave fr Rome

I am planning my honeymoon in late May/early June. I have booked one seat (LAX-Paris and Rome-LAX) using my miles on BA. Now, I need to look for a paid ticket with a matching itinerary.

1. Some websites don't allow a search on "reverse open-jaw" (going to one city and coming back from another). One such example is BA.com. Some websites allow you to do this, except the trip will be priced as two one-ways. Any tips on how to get around this?
In this case, is it better to use a travel agent?

2. Should I do my booking now? Sales to Europe are coming up but most of them are still for traveling till March or April. Haven't seen anything for May/June yet. Is it worth it to wait for one more month for sales to come up? Or, is there no such thing as fare sales for May/June travel? I can change the dates of my travel but I'd rather not because it's so hard to get frequent flier seats.
Jan 24th, 2006, 01:42 PM

The Chicago Tribune recently had an article in their travel section about how Americans have "returned to Europe". They cited that this year especially would be quite full on most overseas flights. Italy has become the number one preferred destination for Americans going overseas followed by France.I say buy now and get what you want-if the fare goes down you can always get an adjustment.
Jan 24th, 2006, 01:51 PM

Have you called BA themselves ? They certainly will be able to give you their best price, against which you can compare some sites.
Jan 24th, 2006, 01:55 PM

I booked a LAX - Paris, Rome - LAX flight on Air France for early June. I do fly back through Paris to get back to LA. I did use a travel agent and in spite of a lot of misgivings on this website about them, mine is great. I also think there aren't many sales in the summer months so you should book soon. Good Luck!
Jan 24th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

Have not called BA. The website says that all bookings made via phone will be subject to a service charge of $20.

With airfares sky high this year, I just want to leave calling BA as a last resort. I have found some sites that allow open-jaw bookings, but the prices vary and want to know other good advice. Thanks.
Jan 24th, 2006, 02:51 PM
rex

If saving $20 is leading you to leave the telephone as the last resort, you're going to have a bit of a spazz of a honeymoon, in my opinion.

1-800-AIRWAYS

However you work it out, I do hope you get to fly together, and that $20 doesn't prove to be the obstacle that precludes that... and one way or another, congratulations on your new life in marriage...

Best wishes,

Rex
Jan 24th, 2006, 02:55 PM

There's no charge to talk with BA, just if you book through them.

Search this Thread