AirBnB Krakow, Nuremberg, Vienna, etc

Apr 24th, 2018, 02:17 AM
Original Poster

AirBnB Krakow, Nuremberg, Vienna, etc

Did some research for our first few stops and found these AirBnB's. They seem very nice and apparently close to city center or short public transit to city centers. I pay close attention to reviews and numbers, and these seem really good. However, before booking, it was suggested on my other thread that I post links so you folks could critique them for me. Here you go. Any input appreciated.

Krakow
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1694583...-15&s=9xLGQ9IZ

Nuremberg
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2111619...-11&s=ZVs6-Bb5

Vienna
https://abnb.me/cSmXj55bnM

Last edited by PixieGal; Apr 24th, 2018 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Typo
Apr 24th, 2018, 03:58 AM

There is nothing wrong with Margareten, the district where the Vienna apartment sits. It's multicultural, fairly residential, and because the rents are lower than average in the city here it attracts younger people. Perhaps some parts of the district are a little less manicured while others seem to have been discovered. You're near to all kinds of great food: Austrian (Gasthaus Wolf has good Schnitzel), Serbian (Restaurant Beograd's Tartare makes me happy), Croatian (Konobo, where everything I eat is delicious), and there is also OmNom Burgers, too which is quite good. From the nearest tram stop you have about a 10 minute ride to Karlsplatz, a major connection hub for three U-Bahn stations and 3 or 4 more trams. If most of your sightseeing will follow the usual itinerary, the location is good. No particular safety concerns beyond "common sense."
Apr 24th, 2018, 07:11 AM

The apartment in Nuremberg looks like it's shared with the owner shared bath and shared living space. It that what you're looking for?

Last edited by Melnq8; Apr 24th, 2018 at 07:16 AM.
Apr 24th, 2018, 10:06 AM

The area where that Krakow flat is located is fine, it's on a main street that has a tram running on it, so that's convenient, and you can get over to the Old Town area easily enough if you figure out the tram system (you could walk if you want, it's only about 1 km). It looks like the flat at least is in the rear so shouldn't be as noisy as it would be if it were fronting on that street. the apt itself isn't a place I would stay, reminds me of when I was 18 (plastic furniture and bean bag chairs), but that's obviously up to you, you can see it as well as I. It is very cheap, which it looks. If you like it and understand you are not going to be in the center of attraction, and don't mind being in an outer area like that, it's a good choice. Restaurants are not going to be as easy to come by as they would if you were in the center. I remember not being able to find anything but a dumpy lunch counter not too far from there at a tram stop which was in a major square, even. I was surprised, but that was in the area near Schindler's factory. But if yo udon't mind walking around, you can find some more in the Jewish are which is right near there, also (Kazimierz or whatever). One nice thing is that it is near a park area that extends alongside the street for a ways, but the street itself is pretty ordinary/industrial, I wouldn't call it scenic.

So you can see where it is on a map and how far to things, it's up to you The address is probably around 31 or 33,Starowislna if you want to Google that area. at least there's a supermarket across the street, and I think this hostel is, also FREE HOSTEL KRAKÓW - nocleg dla grup, hostel w Krakowie, tanie noclegi

Search this Thread