Air France Business Class

Dec 5th, 2005, 08:39 PM
oceankayaker7

Air France Business Class

Skytrax ranks Air France's business class seat comfort, service and food 4 stars out of 5. I was hoping to use Air France to Athens stopping in Paris first. I have no intentions of wanting to take Olympic. Can you anyone give me any feed back on any of there recent business class flights from the US. Thank you PS--According to Seatguru, there seats are very roomy.

Dec 6th, 2005, 05:30 AM
DRJ

I flew AF biz a few years ago. It was quite enjoyable.

I flew Continental and Delta biz this year and preferred Continental, but my miles are with Delta, so next March it'll be Delta. No biz class is hateful IMO. I will never travel to Europe in cattle again.

All of my trips through CDG have resulted in lost baggage.
Dec 6th, 2005, 06:29 AM

seatguru.com does not rate the planes, nor the airlines, but it's really good for finding out seat pitch, and all the other factors in which flight or airline to choose.
Dec 6th, 2005, 07:11 AM

FYI Just what I observed last week on AF

I just returned Thanksgiving week on Air France. I did enjoy the food but if there is a weather problem you will get slapped in coach 24hours later no apologies. This happened to several people that were on our flight after flights had weather delays the day before. People were very verbal about having been originally booked in business class and coming back in coach 24 hours later.

Of course a plane cannot anticipate weather problems but I would think better compensation would be available when you are flying business.

I came to the airport watching hoards of people trying to get on standby lists, I was told by AF attendants that this were passengers from flights that were meant to leave day prior.
Dec 6th, 2005, 08:32 AM

I've flown on air France b/c to Athens and Casablanca, their seats do not have the legroom of Delta but the food and service is exellent. Remember they seat three in the middle so you may want to sit on the sides.I prefer not have bulkhead with them because I found that these seats felt less roomy and of course no place to store anything. As a side note the flight from CDG to Athens really won't be roomy although the food service will still be nice.
Dec 6th, 2005, 09:19 AM

We flew business class in September from Atlanta to Paris. I think it was a 777. Had bulkhead seats which we liked. Also had an aisle and a window seat. You don't get that closed-in feeling. We expected the reclining seats to be better than they were. My husband is about 6 feet tall and the leg rest didn't extend out quite far enough. It ended right about where his ankles are. We understood that all the reclining seats were supposed to be new. These definitely weren't. Otherwise, everything was good, including the food and cabin crews, and we'll definitely fly BC with them again (if another good sale comes up...that's why we went BC).
Dec 6th, 2005, 11:26 AM

I flew AF business class from Dulles to Paris in September. The plane was a 777. We had bulkhead seats, very roomy, very comfortable. The food was good and the service attentive but not annoying. I liked AF business class very much.
Dec 6th, 2005, 10:02 PM
oceankayaker7

I know seatguru doesn't rate the airline seats. Seats on AF's 777 from JFK to GDG would be roomy for me. What I am worried about are all the problems with lost luggage.

Dec 7th, 2005, 12:56 AM

I've flown with AF several times and my luggage never got lost!!!I will be using them next March flying from Lisbon to LA, hope that doesn't happen! I don't like their service or food much though. If I had availability with KLM I would rather fly with them. Much better than AF, service , food and all.
Dec 7th, 2005, 03:48 AM
eri

How right you are, Tere! KLM/Northwest are by far better than AF. AF's business class is just OK for flights going to and from U.S. Their continuing flights from CDG to other European or Middle Eastern destination in businass class are lousy. The Seats are exactly the same like economy. Those are the regular crumped seats, no frills, mediocre food. the only difference between their business to economy is that they leave an empty seat between the window and aisle. Taking into consideration that changing flights in CDG is also far from being convenient, I try my best to avoid using AF for any flight that doesn't terminate or start in CDG.
Dec 7th, 2005, 05:18 AM

The lost luggage issue is greatly diminished if you leave yourself a nice, long time between connecting flights at CDG. We've done it both ways, and the times the luggage didn't make the plane were because of short connections. Much less stressful for the passengers as well.
Dec 7th, 2005, 09:33 AM

I just flew AF (alas, Tempo,not Business) but felt I'd address the baggage issue. I've flown 6 RT's with connecting flights to Italy via CDG. Never lost any luggage. On Nov 19, my connection to Florence was: delayed due to fog, further delayed due to de-icing, ultimately canceled due to debris blow into the engine on the de-icing line). Was resceduled onto an evening flight. All baggage arrived with me just fine. On the return flight on Dec 1, we had a short transfer time (75 minutes at CDG - what a stressful dash-hey didn't I buy an airline ticket rather than a bus ticket)yet all baggage made it to Newark Liberty just fine.