Air france bus-Paris

Search

Air france bus-Paris

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air france bus-Paris

Has anyone taken the Air France bus, from Terminal 1, at CDG, and gone to Montparnasse train station? If so how much was the fare, what door does one go out of at CDG to get the bus, and is the taxi-stand nearby once passengers are let off at Montparnasse train station? I'm thinking of taking the bus to Montparnasse train station and then a taxi to my hotel in the north-end of the 6th. Thanks in advance. Happy Travels!
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 03:12 PM

this answers all your questions, except - yes, a taxi stand is near the drop off, in front of the Meridien.

http://www.airfrance.com/double6/pas...4?OpenDocument
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 03:27 PM

Try here:

http://cars.airfrance.fr

Click <i>Lignes</i>, then &quot;4&quot;
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 03:36 PM

We had an interesting experience when to took the bus on Nov. 10, 2004. We had no difficulty getting a licensed taxi at the drop-off point, which is as a prior poster said across the street from the Meridian Hotel.

The driver was loading our luggage into his trunk and asked where we were going. When we told him, he promptly unloaded our luggage, said he wouldn't take us on such a short trip and drove off leaving my wife and I open-mouthed.

We had stayed at the same hotel on three previous trips and knew where it was, 10/15 minutes walking, so it was no great hardship - we had only flown from London.

We had a comparable experience once before at the Gare du Nord when the driver muttered all the way from the station to our lodgings about how short the trip was. That time our luggage was safely stowed and we were seated before he asked us where we were going.

Old Apr 6th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks folks! I think I might try taking the bus. My usual RER is out since I'm bringing my mom with me and I really don't want to take a taxi the whole way since there can be traffic and/or demonstrations slowing down the commute and running up the meter. So, hopefully the bus will work out.Then when I get to Montparnasse, the taxi will only be 10 minutes away to the hotel. Happy Travels!
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 01:26 PM

You shouldn't be able to get a taxi to the Hotel Clement, that is far enough away, I'd say. They should wouldn't like it if you only wanted to go a few blocks, probably. I've take a taxi from there to around place Maubert in the 5th, but that is a bit farther.
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 02:24 PM

Christina! Put down that martini and proofread!