AIR BERLIN

Oct 27th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

AIR BERLIN

We are using AA miles for a trip to Milan. AA has routed us on Air Berlin, MIA-TXL, TXL-MXP. The return is just the reverse. My question, anyone flown on AB? Good service, legroom any other comments?
Thanks
Oct 27th, 2013, 05:54 AM

There are definite pros and cons to AirBerlin - we just flew them from New York to Berlin/Rome last month. Don't sit in the middle if you have long legs! On our flight over, it was pretty uncomfortable - not much padding on the seat. On the way back, it was much better - seat much more comfortable. Service was fine. Food was starchy.

There were a lot of good reasons we enjoyed the flight, awesome price being one of them for us. I described our experience with AirBerlin in the first day of this thread:

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...e-florence.cfm

The price made it all worthwhile for us. Free would have been even better!
Oct 27th, 2013, 08:13 AM

I fly Air Berlin quite often, only within Europe (not long haul like kwren) and I find it just fine for the short sectors.

They used to be fairly unknown and only served a few routes 10-12 years ago, but now they are much bigger and operate good services on many routes in Europe, plus in the last 2-3 years they have really upped their ads and brand awareness so are also upping their on-board service.

The flight from Milan to Berlin is a little over 1h30min so you'll find Air Berlin perfectly fine for the journey.
Oct 27th, 2013, 08:39 AM

Just got back from Berlin two weeks ago, flew on AB, LAX-DUS-MXP and MXP-TXL-LAX. Flight was fine, food edible, free wine. Seats not very comfortable but we saved $800.00. Would fly them again.
Oct 27th, 2013, 08:56 AM

Don't forget the chocolate on the way off the plane

They had free rum and a couple of other alcohols in large bottles stashed in the cart on the way back to the US, but not on the way to Europe. It wasn't advertised, but we asked and were surprised when that bottle was pulled out. They gave us as much as we wanted.

Treesa - I agree about the price - we paid $800 instead of the $1300 from other airports along the east coast. Definitely worth saving that amount of money!