Search

Aiport Bus - Bilbao

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2006, 06:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aiport Bus - Bilbao

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Airport Bus makes any other stops apart from Termibus?

Our hostel is in the Duesto district, and I was wondering if there was a closer/ more convenient stop??

Thanks
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 11:17 AM

Hi Dalia,

the airport bus has a couple of stops before arriving to Termibus, one near the Guggenheim and another at the Plaza Eliptica.

It would help if you tell me the address. In case you were staying at the NH Deusto, it doesnīt really matter where are you stopping.

If you were arriving early and with almost no luggage, I would get out at the Guggenheim stop and walk across the river to the hotel.

But I would go all the way to Termibus, and get the metro to Deusto. It is only one stop, and there are plenty of trains. From there it will be a short walk.

Rgds, Cova
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

The Hostel is

Ría de Bilbao ~ Ribera de Deusto, 32. Bilbao 48014

We are arriving on a 8:30 PM flight.

Please let us know what is the easiest way to get there,

Thanks, D
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 08:03 AM

Well, a hostel I hadnīt heard about, itīs always good to know about a new place (Bilbao is a small world). By the way, www.riabilbao.com.

Although distances are not relevant in Bilbao, this hostel is not much centrally located (but not far away either, it is IN the town). Two alternatives: if little luggage, you could walk from Guggenheim bus stop (about half an hour, maybe 40 minutes). Another one: take the metro (www.metrobilbao.net) in Termibus (San Mamés station, just besides the station) to Deusto , from there you have to go downwards and itīs about a 15ī walk. Cova, you may have a better idea (there is a bus that stops close to it, but Iīm not sure about which line it is)
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 12:17 PM

Hi Dalia,

Mikel is right, the location is not exactly great.

By public transport, the best option should bus to Termibus, then metro to Deusto and then walk down in direction to the river. Once you get to the river, turn to your right and walk along it, and you should be able to find the hostel without problems. If you donīt wonīt to wal, the A4 bus goes from Deusto to Zorrozaurre (where your hostel is located), and it has a couple of stops in the Luis Power street.

Another option would be going by bus to Termibus, and then getting a taxi there. It should be only 5 minutes, more or less, and not extremely expensive.

I think that you might find helpful these addresses :
http://tinyurl.com/s2puk
http://www.bilbao.net/WebBilbaonet/home_i.jsp?idioma=i
http://www2.bilbao.net/bilbaoturismo/index_ingles.htm

Rgds, Cova
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 09:26 PM

Thinking about it, the most convenient and straight thing to do would be to take a taxi from Termibus to the hotel(6-7 euros only, youīd spend almost 3 for both on the metro).